Thread: Injector data scaling when lowering fuel pressure

Potential Tuner

Injector data scaling when lowering fuel pressure

I bought Fuel Injector Clinic 660cc LS3 EV6 style injectors some time a go. It seems that these injectors are too big with OE 58psi pressure for 400RWHP N/A E85 output. FIC injector data tables are refering to 58psi pressure. I would like to lower my fuel pressure to 29 or even 43.5 psi. I have adjustable regulator with return line. Can i scale flow and offset tables by half with 29 or 3/4 with 43.5psi? Is it offset tables linear? 29psi looks like optimal pressure for this output. Is there something why i should not use so low pressure as 29psi?

Senior Tuner
    u should have no problems with those at 58psi it just won't use as much duty that's all

Potential Tuner
    Fail Posted in wrong section, i have GEN3 LS6 engine. Anyway... If i use This http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/index....static/product FIC injector calculator, with 58 PSI, and 400RWHP im way off. On low rpms, and idle is there possible that injector duty cycle is too low and that causes famous bucking/surgin
    Last edited by WertyLimit; 09-13-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Senior Tuner
    if they are too big for factory settings then there are some fueling settings to change to allow it to go lower in PW (min fuel milligrams), but the actual control of the injectors should be fine with that power, if its gen3 prob best to post it in that section to get more related looks