Thread: Race Render in Windows 7. I've done all the things, video still not working.

Potential Tuner

Race Render in Windows 7. I've done all the things, video still not working.

Greetings all. I'm running Track Addicts on Iphone X, and have a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit computer.

You might have guessed that the video is not working. I found this thread:

http://racerender.com/RR3/docs/Troubleshooting.html

... and have since done the following things:

- installed QuickTime player
    - installed ffdshow tryouts
    - tried both 64 and 32 bit Race Render

I still get audio, but a completely black screen for video. Is there anything I can do here, or is all hope lost? This is my work computer, I can't just upgrade to Windows 10. I wish I knew about these issues before I blew $70 on full versions of Track Addicts and Race Render.

Potential Tuner
    Since nobody replied, I'll reply to my own thread. After giving up on my Windows 7 machine, I tried a Windows 10 machine. Still didn't work, even after upgrading codecs. Then I tried a Mac running Sierra. Still didn't work, even after installing latest version of Quicktime. Then I upgrade the Mac OS to Mojave. The RR install package didn't work, I had to do manual install. But hooray, it actually runs correctly in Mojave!

So for anyone thinking about buying this software- the support and instructions are pretty much worthless, be prepared to do a lot of troubleshooting. Unless you're running Mojave on a Mac, prepare for a lot of frustration. I will say that the software works pretty well if you get it to work at all.

Potential Tuner
    Upgraded from iPhone6 to iPhone8 a while back. I wasn't able to import the video, just data and audio only post upgrade. Lived with it for a long time. Ended up taking the suggestions here and resolved by downloading the free codec posted here, running the 32bit version and reimporting the session. Thanks for the fix!

Windows gave up

Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    Greetings all. I'm running Track Addicts on Iphone X, and have a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit computer.

You might have guessed that the video is not working. I found this thread:

http://racerender.com/RR3/docs/Troubleshooting.html

... and have since done the following things:

- installed QuickTime player
    - installed ffdshow tryouts
    - tried both 64 and 32 bit Race Render

I still get audio, but a completely black screen for video. Is there anything I can do here, or is all hope lost? This is my work computer, I can't just upgrade to Windows 10. I wish I knew about these issues before I blew $70 on full versions of Track Addicts and Race Render.
    So I have been having the same problem for a few months now, and have yet to find a work around. My video camera in the car records as .mov files. From what I can tell this is a quicktime file (apple) and windows no longer supports it. I updated my codecs, got a decoder bla bla bla, I can now watch my video on windows media player, but I can only get sound in windows movies and tv app, ( i used to use this to edit down the video) and only sound in the race render app. The next thing I am going to try is download another editing app, and change the .mov file to mp4 file. That should work, but is a real pain in the ass. Let me know if anything changes on your end.
    Also using updated windows 10