Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: NEED HELP!! 2013 ATS LTG 2.0 Stalling in Rock Crawler

  1. #1
    Potential Tuner Crippledpetey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Paradise, CA
    Posts
    6

    NEED HELP!! 2013 ATS LTG 2.0 Stalling in Rock Crawler

    Alright so here are the details of what is going on:

    I want to say it randomly stalls but after weeks of testing, trial and error, etc. it really feels like it's on load change. Here are a couple examples:

    • Car can be sitting at idle then I apply the brake and put it into 1st gear, it dies.
    • I pull up to an obstacle and go to start crawling it and it dies.
    • I drop off a ledge with only brakes applied it dies.
    • When I turn my steering (front or rear) to full lock it dies.
    • If I am driving from one course to another course, typically at around 3-5 mph tops then let off the gas it dies.


    After each of these it will fire back up without issue but will happen again and again.

    Here is what I am running:

    • 2013 ATS AWD 2.0 LTG
    • Powerglide 2-speed trans with a hughes converter / 3000 stall
    • No aftermarket performance parts but does have a bit removed / relocated to package it better in the crawler...mostly around emissions or cooling
    • Snow Performance stage 2 water / meth kit (no intercooler)
    • Factory accessories plus an aftermarket PSC Motorsports power steering pump
    • Brand new sensors


    I am not sure if anyone here will be able to help or not but I am pretty much trying anything and everything. I have attached my current tune that is in the car now. Any help, ideas, anything would be really appreciated. If you need pics of set up or how something is routed please let me know. I tried to think of all the info I could but there may be something I am missing. I do have log files at home that include it stalling as well if you think that will help. Thanks everyone!

    mb7.hpt

  2. #2
    Tuner in Training
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Current Guamo
    Posts
    26
    Can you also provides a log of this event?

  3. #3
    Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,175
    it sounds like you may be experiencing an issue with standalone operation settings. I would reach out to a user on the forum by the name EFIHARNESS and see if he has any ideas. i see him post on these custom applications every so often.
    rdrfabrication@gmail.com
    2016 GMC 3500 Denali Diesel
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

    Ecotec help can be found here:
    LNF-http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...357-LNF-Guides
    LSJ-http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...965-LSJ-Guides

  4. #4
    Potential Tuner Crippledpetey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Paradise, CA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily89 View Post
    Can you also provides a log of this event?
    Here is a log from this evening. This is from cold start.

    mb7.hpl

  5. #5
    Potential Tuner Crippledpetey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Paradise, CA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    it sounds like you may be experiencing an issue with standalone operation settings. I would reach out to a user on the forum by the name EFIHARNESS and see if he has any ideas. i see him post on these custom applications every so often.
    Thank you! I will send him a PM. I am assuming tagging isn't enabled on the forum?

  6. #6
    Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,175
    not that i know of. never looked for it honestly. you should be able to find him replying to one of the more recent posts in this section though.
    rdrfabrication@gmail.com
    2016 GMC 3500 Denali Diesel
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

    Ecotec help can be found here:
    LNF-http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...357-LNF-Guides
    LSJ-http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...965-LSJ-Guides

  7. #7
    Potential Tuner Crippledpetey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Paradise, CA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    not that i know of. never looked for it honestly. you should be able to find him replying to one of the more recent posts in this section though.
    thx. I sent him a PM

  8. #8
    Potential Tuner Crippledpetey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Paradise, CA
    Posts
    6
    ttt...

  9. #9
    Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    97
    can you please record cylinder airmass? all the cylinder airmass signals you can find, should be about 3? maybe? i think?: a MAF cyl airmass, a dynaair cyl airmass, etc.
    please also record something about fuel mass, or start of injection and end of injection if you have them, trying to figure out if it's in split pulse (don't think it should be).
    please also record cam phaser positions, both intake and exhaust.

    it looks like the ECM is trying to save it from stalling, but honestly at 95kpa MAP, 500 rpm, i think 35 deg spark advance is too high, you might be way past MBT (minimum spark best torque) and pushing the piston backwards. at that high of a MAP it should not be scheduling 35 deg spark advance.

    I know this is an odd recommendation, but for 600 rpm and below why dont you try reducing the spark to say 10 deg. just to see if it recovers better, even at 800 rpm you should bring down spark, again, just to test the theory and see if it's over sparked.

    your VVE is pretty choppy, did you mess with those calibrations?

  10. #10
    Potential Tuner Crippledpetey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Paradise, CA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboCobalt View Post
    can you please record cylinder airmass? all the cylinder airmass signals you can find, should be about 3? maybe? i think?: a MAF cyl airmass, a dynaair cyl airmass, etc.
    please also record something about fuel mass, or start of injection and end of injection if you have them, trying to figure out if it's in split pulse (don't think it should be).
    please also record cam phaser positions, both intake and exhaust.

    it looks like the ECM is trying to save it from stalling, but honestly at 95kpa MAP, 500 rpm, i think 35 deg spark advance is too high, you might be way past MBT (minimum spark best torque) and pushing the piston backwards. at that high of a MAP it should not be scheduling 35 deg spark advance.

    I know this is an odd recommendation, but for 600 rpm and below why dont you try reducing the spark to say 10 deg. just to see if it recovers better, even at 800 rpm you should bring down spark, again, just to test the theory and see if it's over sparked.

    your VVE is pretty choppy, did you mess with those calibrations?
    I will record all those tonight when I get home and repost the log. After I log that I will make those adjustments and log again. I have not changed any VVE, that being said I purchased the motor / ECM used and the original owner may have. Thanks for the help!!