Thread: E38 2bar OS update after FPCM tune?

E38 2bar OS update after FPCM tune?

Will I lose the FPCM settings if I change to the 2bar OS?

I will be installing an LSA blower on my LS3 Camaro and thought I would start getting some things on the tune started I'm the meantime. I started by flashing my FPCM just to get that figured out and out of the way before boost was in the picture. I can command & hold 58psi to redline now. After giving it some thought, I think I'll be better off upgrading to the 2bar OS but now I'm curious if the FPCM tune will transfer over or not since I have to do a write entire.

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    It will transfer over. You will still have functionality of the FSCM.

Advanced Tuner
    It is only changing some code in the engine calibration. Everything else remains unchanged.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Ok sounds good. Thanks guys!

Just another brain fart...Can I use any existing tune to convert over to custom OS or does it have to be the one I used to unlock the FPCM? I guess that goes for any file.. what I did is unlocked the FPCM and saved as a new file, then modify fuel press. and write entire. Now my tune updates I'm doing normal write calibration and un clicking the FPCM box. As long as I don't accidentally forget to unclick the FPCM box while flashing, the FPCM tune should stay intact right?

Edit: I'm probably overthinking it. I think as long as I don't overwrite the FPCM file accidentally I should be fine. It would be nice to not have that box enabled everytime you try to flash though.
    Last edited by SQUEEGIO; 11-26-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You can just re-read out your current tune from the vehicle without reading the FPCM.

I always pull the FPCM by itself in its own file separate from the ECM and TCM. Why? Not sure. Just always have. Either way you go about it, you shouldn't have a problem.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Ok, thanks for taking the time to clear that up for me.

you dont have to go 2 bar. you can add more axis to the VVE tables