Thread: 2017 Silverado TCM Tuning Problems

2017 Silverado TCM Tuning Problems

I've got a 2017 Silverado in my shop. We have rebuilt the transmission but find that there is a problem with Pressure Control Solenoid #3 on the TEHCM. I've plugged in HP Tuners and tried to read BOTH the PCM, and the TCM.. I'm getting error messages that will not allow me to read the PCM side. I can easily read the TCM side. So, I pulled the original TCM tune file from the vehicle and saved it. I then installed a known, good, used, TECHM, and I'm trying to burn the ORIGINAL OS 242746637 onto the known, good, used, TEHCM. The problem is that when I click the WRITE button, it tells me-NOT LICENSED VEHICLE. Here's the other weird thing.. When I pulled the original TCM Tune out, I was able to make changes, and save it under different file names without being asked to License it.. Usually it's when you make changes and then try and save it that you are prompted to License the file. It is NOT asking me to license the file, and therefor I can't write that OS to my used TEHCM...

1. How do I manually license just a TCM file when HP Tuners is not asking me to do so? Is there a way to manually apply a credit so that I can then burn the correct OS onto my TCM?

If anyone has a solution for this, I'd really appreciate the help.

The protocol has changed a little while ago. I've been able to read a vehicle and save it. Modify it and it will save. However if it is not licensed to the MPVI when you attempt to write it, it will prompt you to license the file. You then license it at that time. I l, for one, like this method much better. I help many friends that have their own HP tuners, and this way allows me to send them a file I edited, and they can just compare mine to theirs and make the changes themselves. Previously, I would have to license the file if I wanted to do it this way.

Oh, and there is no way to license the TCM only. You would need a subscription to Tis2Web and a MDI to do what you are looking for.