Thread: Fuel mileage tune??

Tuner in Training

Fuel mileage tune??

Been messing around with building tunes for my truck for awhile now, but those are more geared towards power.. Wanting to build a tune with the great mileage in my mind.. I know lowering rail pressure in the cruising area and messing with timing in those areas as well will help.. But is there anything else?.. Maybe pilot injection/timing?

yes, drop rail pressure down to 10~12k in the cruise zone all the way up to 2400ish rpms and rest the timing. then reduce pilot qty down to 3-3.5 in that same region and rest main timing. if you have ratgle that does not go away then minor advances on the pilot timing.

your goal is to find the timing point where you have a slight haze while cruising then you have 2 choices you can use, cut duration 2-4% across the table or dial timing back a tad bit more.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by steve05ram360 View Post
    yes, drop rail pressure down to 10~12k in the cruise zone all the way up to 2400ish rpms and rest the timing. then reduce pilot qty down to 3-3.5 in that same region and rest main timing. if you have ratgle that does not go away then minor advances on the pilot timing.

your goal is to find the timing point where you have a slight haze while cruising then you have 2 choices you can use, cut duration 2-4% across the table or dial timing back a tad bit more.
    Ok, thank you! Ill look into that tomorrow