Thread: 2005 gto... p0335, cant case learn, new sensor.. lost.. HELP!!

Advanced Tuner

2005 gto... p0335, cant case learn, new sensor.. lost.. HELP!!

Ok a bit of a rundown, car was running PERFECT.. did a heads, cam swap. Had the car up and driving, took it for another spin after a refresh of the VE table, and we got thru about 3000 rpm, car died, p0335. We checked wiring 5 times, we changed the sensor. Car will idle. Car runs up to certain rpm before dying. I'm lost... Customer upset. Anyone come across this? Seems other forums have this issue with no answer. Do I need to do a case learn? What am I missing? Went from 243s to l92s, and a 4" card MAF.

I can read the low res signal at about 15.5-16.2 at idle. I believe this is an E40 pcm. Log, tune, config posted. The log doesn't show it dying, or the CPS signal, just the tune and drive right before the problem happened.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Advanced Tuner
    Bump.. anyone? Is the ECM SHOT???
    We have a tach signal. It reads....
    Thanks,

Dustin

Advanced Tuner
    We figured it out on our own. And for anyone who wants to know..... It wasn't wiring, a bad ecm, or a bad crank position sensor. I was mind boggled when we figured it out.
    Oh yea, it wasn't a CASE relearn either, cause I don't think it ever worked.
    Sent email to customer support with no replies either. Had write errors, all kinds of goodies.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Do tell! Full write with the beta perhaps?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    No, I stay away from beta unless its a ford/dodge.. I've had bad luck with beta... I prefer 2.24 and used 2.24... It had to do with the tune directly. But the setting that enabled it is what is still boggling my mind on how the DTC sets.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Strange. I know what you mean about the beta.. it's been stable for me lately though and the new scanner is pretty awesome. So much faster than 2.24

I had a weird problem when trying to do a full write where it would time out without finishing and then the car wouldn't start. Finally went back to the original tune in 2.24 and got that to take.. then went back to using 2.25 for small updates.

Potential Tuner
    im having this same issue. I swapped a motor from a single cab into my s10 and in doing so I had to change the pcm as well and when I flashed my tune into the new pcm all I can get is a p0335/ p0336 code and the truck will not start. yet im getting rpm signal and checked wires 5 times just as you did and even changed the crank sensor and just like you said its just like the case relearn doesn't work. im really new to the tuning world so I don't even know how to see write errors. every time I read it or flash it whether it be a write entire or just calibration it never gives me any trouble but doesn't mean it couldn't have errors im guessing. so what exactly did you do to fix this?

i am having this same issue. mine will run for about 5 seconds and die. I have checked the wiring and load tested the wiring and changed the sensor. and ran the power wire from sensor battery power straight to the battery to make sure I'm not dropping voltage somewhere. tach signal reads on log all the way up until it dies. getting a p0335 code. what is a write error and how do I see that? I cant find any info on this issue and I am having a lot of trouble trying to figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Asylumwarp View Post
    No, I stay away from beta unless its a ford/dodge.. I've had bad luck with beta... I prefer 2.24 and used 2.24... It had to do with the tune directly. But the setting that enabled it is what is still boggling my mind on how the DTC sets.
    can you go into more detail about what u done to fix it. I cant find anybody posting a solution to this anywere else. thank you