Thread: Anything catastrophic?

Tuner in Training

Anything catastrophic?

Looking for any feedback on my first LS swap first start up. This is my first time doing an LQ4 6.0L swap into a 91 Camaro. I used a cam and LS6 intake from a 2005 CTS-V. I got the swap done and then almost immediately burnt up the 3-4 in the 4L60e trans. I just installed everything after rebuilding my first transmission. I have absolutely no idea I'm doing with tuning except to know enough to be dangerous. I'm using the original 2001 LQ4 tune with the following changes:

Copy from stock 2005 CTS-V
    VE - 5.7L File
    Idle Air - 5.7L File
    Idle RPM Base - 5.7L File
    MAF Calibration - 5.7L File
    Injector Control Flow Rate - 5.7L File
    RPM Cutoff - 5.7L
    Spark tables - 5.7L

Segment swap 2001 Camaro 2.73 4L60E transmission and diagnostics
    Updated Trans settings to 2002 Camaro (827922622.hpt)

From my limited knowledge, this seems like a good place to start as I learn more about tuning (I'm watching all the goat rope videos first). I drove the car for the first long drive while scanning. I guess my first question is if anyone can tell me if I'm doing anything that would be catastrophic for the engine. I've attached my files and would appreciate any feedback or warnings.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

You only updated Injector Flow Rate; 'injector data' means:
    - Flow Rate vs KPA
    - Min Injector Pulse
    - Offset vs Volts vs VAC
    - Short Pulse Adder
    - and, that data adapted for the fuel system type and base pressure, if different from the source file.

You have a return-type fuel system, with a vacuum reference hose to the regulator? Then you need to use only the 0 KPA cell from the CTS-V Flow Rate and paste that into every cell in your table; copy/paste the Min Injector Pulse table as-is; copy only the 0 KPA column from the CTS-V Offset vs Volts vs VAC and paste into every column in yours; and copy/paste the Short Pulse Adder table as-is.

Senior Tuner
    I doubt you burnt up the trans so fast.

How as it shifting? Super firm or did it slip into gear?

If it was shifting nice quick and positive the tune shouldn't have been the cause.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate the feedback. I take your Instruction on Injector data.

On the fuel system, I'm using a Corvette filter with the built in return. Only one supply to the LS6 fuel rail.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I doubt you burnt up the trans so fast.

How as it shifting? Super firm or did it slip into gear?

If it was shifting nice quick and positive the tune shouldn't have been the cause.
    I don't think my turn burned up the clutches. I got the 2006 4l60e off Facebook marketplace from an express van. Changed the filter and ran it. Last about half a dozen rides then burnt the 3-4 clutch pack. Worse smelling fluid ever. I'm assuming it was already a problem when I got it. The fluid had looked good though. It was shifting hard and fun until only 1-2-neutral.

Non-referenced/returnless, the same as the '05 CTS-V, so copy in those four tables I listed as-is from the CTS-V file.

And if you haven't yet, it'd be a real good idea to verify the rail pressure with a mechanical gauge.