Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fueling/Tuning issues after 80lb injector install

Senior Tuner
    [ecm 4042] p0068 test u can max out 8192rpm, also the airflow correlation tables below that u can max out as some do just encase now the ecu is seeing more airflow, u can apply the TCS patches also it may help with other stuff, the surging now is prob from the change from 60 to 200 in that last change it is now allowing the throttle to move more as before it was limited so u will just have to find the error too far and correct or just lower the 200 down till its better but cold starts still get to commanded rpm
    Last edited by 07GTS; 02-27-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks 07GTS, ill give these changes a shot and see if they help

Tuner in Training
    I think ive figured it out. when the tuning was going bonkers i richened up the top end of the tune by too much as it was looking lean. I leaned the top end of the VE table and it seems to be running much better, WOT is back, ill have to richen it back up as it was leaning out at psi but at least thats head way

If it"s worth anything, I have Deka 80 # on 5.3 turbo, I had to change Minimal Injector Pulse width to 0.352 and pulse corrections.

Tuner in Training
    CGHARING, any chance i could take a look at your tune file? My data has me setting MIPW to 0.125

Tuner in Training
    Nevermind. I found your tune from your post. See, this is whats driving me bonkers. our Injector Data should line up or at least be close since we have the same injectors but it doesn't. and as far as i can tell there are no standards for injector data for these deka 80's. every tune i look at has a different set of maths, how is that possible given their popularity. MY truck like yours runs great at cruise and the tuneability is linear, but if i try for WOT it bogs down , doesnt build boost and goes lean. If i slowly apply throttle it will build power and boost and run great. There is a hole in the math somewhere, something is unaccounted for and im chhasing my tail figuring it out

Hey Zultan, I had to re do my VVE table since i installed a 2.5 bar map sensor I'll post the latest tune, but I haven't tuned it above 3800 rpm yet and still doing a little tweaking, looking for +/- 3%. then tune MAF, then I plan on going to the track for WOT on both then merge.

I can't get good steady logs without going to jail, so to the track. but the truck has alot of go up to that point.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Let me know how it goes. I think I may have finally found the combination that works for my application which isn't too far off from what you have going on. Let me know if you hit any roadblocks in your tuning