Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any chance HPTuners will run on a Mac?

Potential Tuner
    Here are a couple of screen shots of hptuners in parallels.. It does only support usb1.1 but as far as hptuners is concerned, i havent really noticed enough difference to worry about..

Not A Tuner
    [QUOTE=ridnlow]Here are a couple of screen shots of hptuners in parallels.. It does only support usb1.1 but as far as hptuners is concerned, i havent really noticed enough difference to worry about..
    QUOTE]

Thanks!! I thought HPT needed USB 2.0 ..... guess I misread that.

What Mac are you running ?????
    What version of Windows ?????

So I assume if Parallels works fine that HPT is not very CPU intensive. I thought maybe there would be some problems data logging.

DH

Potential Tuner
    Im running Intel Tiger 10.4.8 and a old version of windows pro.. I have had no problems scanning or writing... The only thing ive noticed is battery time suffers significantly with parallels running..

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridnlow
    Im running Intel Tiger 10.4.8 and a old version of windows pro.. I have had no problems scanning or writing... The only thing ive noticed is battery time suffers significantly with parallels running..
    How do you like your MacBook ??

Maybe your battery would last longer if you didn't have 7 open apps counting the Finder,,,,,

DH

Potential Tuner
    I LOVE my macbook.. I was hesitant at first about putting windows on my mac, but I figured running it in virtulization would be a whole lot better than dual booting, plus i dont want windows hooked to the internet what so ever.. Its really nice to be able to worry about getting stuff done on my computer rather than having to scan for spyware and antivirus stuff every day and constantly stay up to date on windows security updates.. Now if i can just get some $$ to get me a mac pro so I can get rid of windows all together at my house, except of course of hp tuners

Oh yea, i can constantly get about 4 hours of battery life with all those apps open.. open parallels and that disapears

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much.

I'll tackle this soon.

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridnlow
    I LOVE my macbook.. I was hesitant at first about putting windows on my mac, but I figured running it in virtulization would be a whole lot better than dual booting, plus i dont want windows hooked to the internet what so ever.. Its really nice to be able to worry about getting stuff done on my computer rather than having to scan for spyware and antivirus stuff every day and constantly stay up to date on windows security updates.. Now if i can just get some $$ to get me a mac pro so I can get rid of windows all together at my house, except of course of hp tuners

Oh yea, i can constantly get about 4 hours of battery life with all those apps open.. open parallels and that disapears
    Right...the only thing on my MacBook will be Windows and HPT. I will use BootCamp when I use HPT and there will be no internet connection at those times.

BTW: I reread the min. HPTuner system config and it clearly says USB 2.0

DH

Advanced Tuner
    the USB 2.0 is probably more important for vehicles implementing the CAN network where it has the ability to communicate at a much faster rate than the old VPW setup
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

I had a mencia "dee-deedee" moment there; i was wondering how you get the windows ftdi drivers to work in os 10. I was thinking that paralells was just like WINE for the nix platforms, but in reality its like VMWare, where you must install a copy of windows. I can see why your battery life sucks while using that. That takes A LOT of resources.

...Bet that sucker gets hot too.

I dont know if I'd flash my pcm with that though...its too rigged for me to actually trust my vcm to it. Like, you're running your mac maxed out running 2 OS's at the same time, stretching the memory and cpu to hold both...thats just asking for a hiccup which is not what you want while doing a write(much less a write entire)

Potential Tuner
    Ive done it a bunch and havent had a problem and thats on a tbss.. My buddy just got hit laptop back from service so we will prob start using it again.. but cant say it doesnt work on a mac Also nice to see another tuner from Mobile..

Not A Tuner
    I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on a new MacBook and then I will have to get HPTuner.....can't let that Intel processor go to waste.

I just hate the thought of having to by Windows.....

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Not A Tuner
    Have you guys tried Windows 98SE on your Mac's ???

DH

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    i thought you could only run winxp on them
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    i thought you could only run winxp on them
    You may very well be right.

I will contact Apple and report back.

DH

In -Theory- you should be able to run any 32bit operating system on the new mac's. As far as i know, bootcamp can only handle XP, since it is set up to boot it, and nothing else. Windows 2000 -might- work, since it's similar to XP, but again thats my guess.

I dont see why you didnt recommend windows 95, howie??

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266
    In -Theory- you should be able to run any 32bit operating system on the new mac's. As far as i know, bootcamp can only handle XP, since it is set up to boot it, and nothing else. Windows 2000 -might- work, since it's similar to XP, but again thats my guess.

I dont see why you didnt recommend windows 95, howie??
    I'm calling Apple tomarrow for the low down..........

When I bought my first Mac in 1984 it came with these funny looking things called windows. The PC's had this DOS shit. Now the PC has Windows. Now the Macs can run their windows and the PC Windows at the same time.

I also remember the Doors

DH

They say: If you remember the 60's, you weren't there.... hehehe
    Always Support Our Troops!

You will be able to run any win-based operating system on the intel core macs. I have vista running on mine. I have a copy of vista on my tuning laptop.
    Gen3 Hemi Tuning
    FAST, Holley, AEM, DiabloSport, Mopar Performance
    Resto-mod EFI Conversions and Support

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    They say: If you remember the 60's, you weren't there.... hehehe
    Actually I can remember the 60's better than the 80's.......

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
    Actually I can remember the 60's better than the 80's.......

DH

Ditto :P read alot on the 60s, but only remember thundercats, silverhawks, and the pink ranger from the 80s :P
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned