Thread: C5 Corvette wideband issue(s), read issues

C5 Corvette wideband issue(s), read issues

Installed a wideband, AEM 30-4110 in my Z06. Put it in the upstream bung for tuning. Stock exhaust. It starts out reading fine, but eventually goes to full lean, on both gauge and scanner. Does this at idle and Nothing in tune was changed as of yet other than CAGS delete and column lock delete, and this was done a week ago, no issues.

Here's my concerns. The wideband instructions say to mount 18" downstream of exhaust port. I didn't get out a tape measure, but the OE upstream bung is not a full 18" from the exhaust port. Is the sensor overheating, or is it failed? Based on everything else, it was not actually lean, is why I came up with the conclusion it is overheating.

I did a search and found a lot of people running the WB there for tuning and then removing it when done. That was my plan until I do some powertrain upgrades and put long tubes on it in a few months.

Anybody have experience with running the WB in upstream bung on C5 vettes? Did it work, or a bad idea?

Wanted to add that it reads 1 lambda/14.7 powered up with sensor disconnected on the scanner and gauge. So either I fried the sensor, or it was fried on arrival. It did have some anti-seize on the sensor body when I pulled the plastic cap off, but did not look like any got into the sample holes.
    Last edited by vettemakesemwet; 03-08-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.