Thread: Trying to get smart of T43 OS compatibility

Trying to get smart of T43 OS compatibility

Seeking some education which i think i have figured out, but because this data is spread all over the internet in different threads, forums, etc.

I have a 6L80E with an OS of 24267577. This is out of a '14 Caprice, but i understand that its used in other vehicles, mostly Holden based ones. I am not aware of a US market GM product with this OS...only those built in Australia used it.

I have also found that OS 24264497 and OS 24270599 are "interchangeable", but i am not sure what this really means. Can one be flashed to the other using HPT? or only MDI/Tech2? Or does this allow the connected e38/e67 with various other OS's to work correctly, despite them not being programmed together originally? What about the segment swapping?

It was my understanding that the OS has to be the same for a segment swap, and that the MDI/Tech2 is required to change OS...that HPT and the MPVI1/2 cannot touch all segments of the OS. Segments cannot be swapped between different OS's, even if they are "interchangeable".

Can someone set the record straight?

I also have not been able to find a good source for the OS as it relates to a model of vehicle. Does such a source exist, or are we relegated to searching the cal repository to track it down ourselves? I have found the above mentioend -0599 is a Silvarado OS, but the -4497 seems to be eluding me.

~Ryan
    Charleston, SC
    Last edited by rcodea1; 03-09-2020 at 12:37 PM.