Thread: L5p HELP

Potential Tuner

L5p HELP

Ok so I bought an already deleted and tuned l5p. Truck was set on a tow tune no light truck ran great.I just got the rest of the tunes sent to me. I attempted to install the sport tune today. Now I have an engine light with an exhaust fluid message and a 95 miles until 65 mph top speed. I have no clue what I did wrong but I need to fix it ASAP. This is my daily driver so I can?t really have this going on. Can someone shed some light here on what I can do to fix this?

Potential Tuner
    Sounds like the original tow tune was written and installed with tuning software/ with delete. Recently the tuning software companies updated there software. When you updated with the rest of the tunes(assumed at a later date). The deleted part of the tune was no longer there. The updated tune doesn't have the delete side.

Potential Tuner
    I've recently purchased l5p tuning package for my race truck. My tuner required me to do a stock file read with the unlocked ecm in the truck so they could write the tune with that file.

When I did this I had the following message and I'm just wondering if it's normal before I go flash with the tune.

"The data you just read isn't from your vehicle. Your vehicle isn't readable.the data is a supplied stock file.if you use this data to write you're vehicle you will lose any existing changes your vehicle may already had. "