Thread: gears inverted?! strange Transmission problem

gears inverted?! strange Transmission problem

hi guys, i have a firebird here which is bothering me to hell.

it's a LS3 Swap Gen3 P01 PCM, fueling, ignition, idle, more or less all fine so far.

now it comes to transmission, it's a 4L80E swap, was done by another shop, i just have to clean the mess up.

when i drive it on the dyno carefully it does 1-2 shift where i command it in the table...but overall felt strange, then it commands 2-3 shift and i first thought it unlocks the converter because rpm was going up and car was decelerating.
    now it tried commanding gears manually with the scanner and came to following conclusion:

if i command 4-3-2-1 the car shifts like it should, so it is inverted somehow.

so what is wrong here?! did they wire up something wrong?

hopefully someone can help or had a similar problem before.

thanks

[edit] meanwhile I obviosly found the problem, I found the Solenoid shift order for "1-2 Solenoid" and "2-3Solenoid" for 4L80 and 4L60... and they are different.

the logic of "2-3" solenoid is exactly inverted, which lead to the behavior descibed above. i also have drawn a "shift table" to make sure that this assumption is correct, no other combination leads to this behaviour.

so my question now is: can this be fixed in software?! otherwise i have to build a little relay circuit to invert the PCMs output of "2-3Solenoid" Signal.

but hell i am sure this is not the only car which is converted from 4l60 to 4l80....are there different versions of the transmission with different logics?

[edit2] NAILED IT! had to put transmission choice in the file back to 4L60... this inverted the PCMs output logic.
    Last edited by dertobi; 04-07-2020 at 07:05 AM.