Thread: E38 LS3 Camaro Single turbo SD mode timing issues.

Tuner in Training

E38 LS3 Camaro Single turbo SD mode timing issues.

First off.

2014 Camaro SS LS3
    78/75 turbo
    229/235 comp cam
    950cc injectors
    stock fuel pump/ i have a ZL1 just havent installed it yet.

I know my tune is a lil jacked up. Im still learning. Cant seem to figure out why my spark is dipping randomly. I removed 5 degrees from both high and low octane tables and set high rpm and high g/sec in the tables to 10 deg.I checked for loose grounds as well (kinda lost on how to adjust timing advance with SD )I disabled spark smoothing and i even adjusted the idle tables bc i believed the car was using timing from those tables at WOT.

Turbo5thgenSD3RDTIMG10DEG10LESSFROIDLETO200010degIDLETABLESVSS2.hptigfiveup.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I'm running tr6s gapped to .30

Senior Tuner
    That's an odd tune.
    You've disabled the MAF sensor (but forgot to zero the test delays.)
    You've also disable the VVE tables by setting the dynamic airflow to be enabled above 100rpm.

The timing tables need some work for sure. You need to work on smoothing the timing from low boost to high boost.

Here's a tune that I did a few months ago on a similarly modified 2012 Camaro. Maybe it'll help give you some ideas for your timing table.

I never saw over 160 kPa on the datalog. That's only 8.7 psi boost. You can run a lot more than 10 degrees timing at that boost level.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Turbo5thgenSD3RDTIMG10DEG10LESSFROIDLETO200010degIDLETABLESVSS2 BASE TUNE.hpt

attached should help and get you in the right direction with the tune.

we are all here to help you get through this
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161