Thread: 2000 Jeep Cherokee wont write.

Potential Tuner

2000 Jeep Cherokee wont write.

Recently aquired a mpvi2 and read the pcm. Made a few small changes (fan on/off temp) etc, and did a test write. Got to 3% and the no bus and cel light came on, on the cluster. About 37% in it says Write transfer: Failed to start. I have checked power and grounds, cleaned the terminals in the obd2 connector, and let the battery charge overnight. Still no prevail. Sometimes it will achieve a 60% write, sometimes only a 35%, but never completes. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by bighamk2; 04-18-2020 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Potential Tuner
    Issue resolved. Had a broken sci transmit wire somewhere in the harness.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bighamk2 View Post
    Issue resolved. Had a broken sci transmit wire somewhere in the harness.
    Okay so i lied, problem still persists. Only seems to write when it wants to. I have throughly cleaned the obd2 connector, checked grounds and power at the obd2 port, even directly wired the sci transmit wire to the pcm. Sometimes it will write, others it wont. Currently working on attempt 11 to write.

Tuner in Training
    I had troubles with mine writing too and it ended up being my internet it seems to fail if you lose connection

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I had troubles with mine writing too and it ended up being my internet it seems to fail if you lose connection
    Mine wont even attempt to write if im not connected to the internet. Currently itll connect, erase, and start to write. May get up to 35%, may get up to 65% then itll fail. Then again, sometimes itll complete the write with no issues.

Make sure you are disconnected from the scanner and that you have an internet connection
    2004 jeep LJ
    Stock supercharged 4.0, 36lb injectors, 62mm bbk throttle body.
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel
    2020 Explorer 2.3 ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by bighamk2 View Post
    Recently aquired a mpvi2 and read the pcm. Made a few small changes (fan on/off temp) etc, and did a test write. Got to 3% and the no bus and cel light came on, on the cluster. About 37% in it says Write transfer: Failed to start. I have checked power and grounds, cleaned the terminals in the obd2 connector, and let the battery charge overnight. Still no prevail. Sometimes it will achieve a 60% write, sometimes only a 35%, but never completes. Any help is appreciated.
    I know this is old but did you ever figure it out. im having the same problem

Tuner in Training
    Try re-syncing the MPVI. I do believe it's the blue icon on top of the vcm editor screen.

I keep getting a write failed with the aborted message on the erase. I kind of gave up on it, but tonight I thought I'd give it another go. I usually wait a few months for beta updates etc... Resync the interface to make sure there's no firmware update, but it always fails on the eraser. I unplugged the radio and hvac and abs module and lighting fuses. Put a charger on the battery. Replaced battery cables. Made sure no corrosion on the PCM connectors. It always go through the steps to the eraser and then aborted. The fuel light goes on and I have to recycle the key and it's back to reading the fuel level again.