Thread: 2014 V6 Mustang TT. Horsepower taking a dive.

Potential Tuner

2014 V6 Mustang TT. Horsepower taking a dive.

Alright, I don?t know what I?m doing, trying to learn, let me get that right out in front. I?ll try to keep this brief.

I have a 2014 Mustang V6, I installed turbos on it this winter. I wanted to learn how to tune it myself so I?ve been going solo for the most part. I have it to where it is running well as far as I can tell for daily driving. So I finally got it on a Dyno over the weekend and it looks like its starting out OK but then it falls on its face.

I?ve attached the final tune and log that I ran on the Dyno.

Boost pressure in the Manifold (after the throttle body) is a steady 6.5 psi from ~3200 RPM all the way to 6000 RPM. I?m running 93 Octane. On paper I?m expecting to see this peak at ~450 wheel HP.

It is running really rich at WOT. I took 20% off the MAF/Period over several tunes on the Dyno and it did not change how rich it was running.

Around 5000 RPM, the engine HP takes a dive. Power dropped from 320 HP down to about 200 HP. In the log, you'll see that AFR drops from .72 to .65 at 5k rpm. Someone at the shop said the power drop looks like the throttle was closing at this point, but manifold Boost pressure is steady at 6.5 psi so it can?t be closing.

Any ideas why it is staying so rich? Any ideas on the power dive?

Thanks,
    Noah
    Attached Files Attached Files

You are hitting max LOAD limit - easy to fix in your tune.

Your fuel trims needs attention - dial your MAF curve.

Your MAP IPC hits max values.

Your SD model is way off. You say you are under 7psi of boost yet your ECU thinks it packs over 14psi.

Your DD and Torque Model looks funky.

Why you are not logging spark?

You really need to start from scratch...