Thread: Impossible to disable cfco?

Tuner in Training

Impossible to disable cfco?

Following up on my previous post I'm trying to get my fuel trims dialed in via my wideband but it seems like no matter what I do by way of disabling cfco I still get max lean spikes when shifting above 2k rpm. This is a manual 2017 Camaro ss. Is there another setting that controls fuel during a shift?

Tuner
    Have you tried filtering your data to get rid of the cell hits when you were shifting?

Tuner in Training
    I think that would definitely resolve the issue but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I see parameters related to the clutch but am not sure how to filter based on this.
    Last edited by unixdt; 05-10-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Tuner
    There was for my camaro yeah, can't remember it exactly but just search "clutch" in the channels. I'd up the polling rate for it too to be a little more precise. Then just filter out the clutch = yes parts of the log

Tuner in Training
    I have this problem on my 2018 Camaro 2SS aswell...

I have to go through an disable EVERY dfco parameter in that section to get it to semi work and even then it still seems to kick in slightly. Also I am unable to disable ST/LT fuel trims in the tune, I have to manually disable them in the VCM Scanner tools while tuning.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BDPhoto519 View Post
    I have this problem on my 2018 Camaro 2SS aswell...

I have to go through an disable EVERY dfco parameter in that section to get it to semi work and even then it still seems to kick in slightly. Also I am unable to disable ST/LT fuel trims in the tune, I have to manually disable them in the VCM Scanner tools while tuning.
    Yeah i remember awhile back just messing with my maf curve I also had to manually put it into open loop every time

Tuner in Training
    I have been able to get mine to go into open loop by setting the o2 sensor readiness voltage to a negative number. No matter what I do with CFCO though it still enables. I'm trying to filter it out of the log right now but having limited success.

Tuner
    Yeah I did that as well, just didn't work out. Didn't try for too long though. Post a log, I wanna try something

Tuner in Training
    maf pass 3.hpl

Here is my most recent log.

Tuner
    Putting in the filter [2142.156] < .01 in a VVE chart with Eq Error data seemed to clear up the trims quite a bit, takes the cells down from 30% to around 6%

Advanced Tuner
    What wideband are you using?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Putting in the filter [2142.156] < .01 in a VVE chart with Eq Error data seemed to clear up the trims quite a bit, takes the cells down from 30% to around 6%
    I will try this. What pid is that?

And I'm using an aem x series

Advanced Tuner
    And I'm using an aem x series
    If you have the polling rate set to max, that should be fast enough to keep the AFR data from bleeding into other cells. Unless, the throttle plate are not closing, in which case, the MAP looks normal during CFCO ? Not sure if they do.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by unixdt View Post
    I will try this. What pid is that?
    Clutch pedal position