Thread: LS2 in limp mode unless key cycled 5 times

Tuner in Training

LS2 in limp mode unless key cycled 5 times

does anybody know what feature cycling the key 5 times does?

I"ve been having issues with the car engaging torque management even with
    every table for it disabled.

If i cycle my ignition 5 times before running, it functions properly and the car runs great.

E40 PCM in an rx7

What application (year/make/model) is the ECM OS from? 'Cause when somebody like me goes to check the GM service manuals, there's no search field where you can put in 'everything that ever used the E40'.

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I have an ls swapped Colorado running an E40 PCM and a manual transmission and my issue is identical to yours

Real proper manual trans ECM OS, or is it an auto OS that's just had the TCM chopped out?

Potential Tuner
    Trailblazer SS OS with no tcm and all associated wiring removed. I theorized after doing some research that I need a manual SSR OS but I am not sure that this is the solution to my problem

May not fix this specific problem but an auto trans OS with the TCM chopped off for sure is going to cause other issues. Why not fix that to avoid future headaches and see if maybe it fixes this too?

That's kind of a fundamental in a diagnostic strategy, fix the known-bad stuff before obsessing over what-if-maybes and chasing ghosts, because it's possible the obvious problem affects the mystery stuff.

Tuner in Training
    dang, I didnt realize anybody actually chimed in here. Haven't driven the car hardly since posting this but issue remains.

It should be a manual trans GTO E40 pcm. also have no tcm/BCM which i feel is causing the issues.

for context: the car was swapped at a shop using a GTO full clip (wiring, powertrain, pedal etc) and one day the PCM just sh*t the bed and needed to be replaced which I eventually sourced through a company i forget the name of. I wonder though if that PCM I was sent has a different OS and thats why?

Another thought I had was that I needed to perform some function with a tech2 to fully delete VATS/eliminate attempts at communicating with a BCM aside from just disabling it in HPtuners?
    Last edited by timidthug; 02-24-2023 at 02:52 PM.