Thread: Tuning Open Loop Fuel Tables, did some testing....

Advanced Tuner

Tuning Open Loop Fuel Tables, did some testing....

About 2 weeks or so ago, I decided to play around with my new LM-1 Wideband O2. I haven't intergrated it into my EIO yet but will soon.

I wanted to do a little experiment to see how rich or lean I was with my car at Idle on a COLD START. Car runs fine with the tune I have now, not fully tweaked yet since I am waiting for VER 2.0 to come out and I want to tune with my WB02, basically I'm not in a huge hurry right now on my car. I am using Z06 timing and VE tables.

After I got the LM-1 set up, I installed it into my y-pipe where I have a 02 bung welding in.

A little info about my current mods:

- 226 222 .584 .581 116 LSA +2
    - Absolute Speed STG 2 Heads
    - Lid
    - Jet Hot LT with no cats
    - GMMG Cat Back
    - Thunder Racing MAF Ends
    - SVO 30lb Injectors
    - Ported TB

Once I got my laptop out with the scanner and I had my LM-1 ready, I started the car. What I saw on my LM-1 Wideband was amazing, I was VERY rich on a cold start at idle, around 10-1 Air Fuel!!! As the car warmed up it started to lean out some 11-12 to 1 A/F and then all of a sudden it went to 14.7 A/F which it should since the car went into closed loop mode.

I figured I was a little rich on a cold start, but damn, not by that much. Before you even ask, yes I did adjust my VE table in the low RPMs, I think I went with "65 70 75 95" for the first 4 columns. The car starts up great on cold and hot starts, just like a stock LS1. My Ltrims are right around 0 to +5 all the time.

I haven't started to "adjust/tune" the Open Loop fuel table yet, damn weather here in Ohio just sucks, waiting for nicer weather now.

Has anyone done this test and tuned the Open Loop table with a wideband 02 ?

I have no intentions of going MAFless but I want to tune my VE table with my wideband in SD mode once VER 2.0 comes out and the weather is nicer.

Any comments/suggestions on this subject?

Bill Wright

2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Re: Tuning Open Loop Fuel Tables, did some testing

There are some open loop F/a multipliers that are responsible for this. Zero them out and your AFR should follow your Open Loop F/A table.