Thread: 2 bar base tune (maggie LS2)

Potential Tuner

2 bar base tune (maggie LS2)

Going to start up my project tomorrow for the first time, just want some feedback on base VE

Car has a 9.5:1 6.0L with a TVS2300 and an LS9 cam
    Attached Files Attached Files

What MAP sensor are you running?

What injectors?

Running a E60 blend fuel?

If the injectors are that large, you'll probably want to cut the min fuel milligram in the transient fuel tab in half to try and stop a really rich idle. It's hard to say if the VE right now is too lean or too rich. My guess will be that it's rich. If the injector data is correct and the fuel pressure is steady at 58psi, see what the wideband says and adjust it as needed.

If the MAF is gone, that still needs to be failed by setting the high fail hz to 0hz and MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.

Don't leave your power enrichment the way it is. 1.500 commanded EQ ratio is way too fat.

If the EGR is gone, disable that (unless you are logging the wideband through that 5v reference circuit). Zero out the EGR spark correction timing.

Also zero out the negative timing in the ECT spark correction table when the engine is cold. You don't need it to pull 6-8 degrees out while it's warming up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What MAP sensor are you running?

What injectors?

Running a E60 blend fuel?

If the injectors are that large, you'll probably want to cut the min fuel milligram in the transient fuel tab in half to try and stop a really rich idle. It's hard to say if the VE right now is too lean or too rich. My guess will be that it's rich. If the injector data is correct and the fuel pressure is steady at 58psi, see what the wideband says and adjust it as needed.

If the MAF is gone, that still needs to be failed by setting the high fail hz to 0hz and MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.

Don't leave your power enrichment the way it is. 1.500 commanded EQ ratio is way too fat.

If the EGR is gone, disable that (unless you are logging the wideband through that 5v reference circuit). Zero out the EGR spark correction timing.

Also zero out the negative timing in the ECT spark correction table when the engine is cold. You don't need it to pull 6-8 degrees out while it's warming up.
    Supplied Maggie 60lb Dekas

MAF codes are disabled

MAF code should not be disabled. For speed density you want them on MIL on first error with the SES box unchecked. The MAF fail high under the engine diag tab must be set to 0hz so it fails the sensor instantly.

I have no idea if the supplied injectors come with data, that's why I asked about them. If they are 60lb//hr at 3 bar they would only be 70lb/hr at 4 bar. So your flow rate seems a little high either way.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Gotcha. Will adjust that accordingly.

Injector data was supplied