Thread: PRE- 95 PCM's

PRE- 95 PCM's

Any questions about the pre OBDII go ahead and ask away in here... even though its not OBDII related alot of the theory applies so any info is good info...
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Potential Tuner

Re: PRE- 95 PCM's

info is good of course.. had a good question.. how hard would it be to convert a 96 fire touse obd 1? just a consideration i was thinking about.

-Dusty-
    \"Think of Life After the Jump\" -Dustin Hardy-

The question is why would you want to? There is no tuning programs for the 4 banger OBDI ECM's so its not an advantage at all. The farther back you go ECM-wise the more functions you lose - like the dashboard gauges. Plus you'll need to get specialized equipment to flash the chips (burner, eraser).
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Potential Tuner

the burner/eraser part isn't an issue.. i have access to that part of the equation. i am going with a full compliment of autometer gauges. som are there any good tuning methods for obd ii?
    \"Think of Life After the Jump\" -Dustin Hardy-

Potential Tuner

What type of prom does the obd1 lt1 PCM have?
    95 Chevy 2500hd 4x4&&&&94 Camaro Z28

Tuner in Training

There are OBDI GM PCM's that are full flash since '91.
    They are also uncracked, but for a few features.

Look outside of the box.
    -Adam Chant SCdyne Performance "Tune it or lose it!"

Quote Originally Posted by texmutt
    What type of prom does the obd1 lt1 PCM have?

The 94-95 LT1's use an Intel AN28F512 Flash chip. (2 to be exact) 1 is generally referred to as the T side and the other the E side. If you are wanting to program your PCM the most inexpensive method is to use Tunercat and build your own flash cable. It is very easy to do as a MAX232 is the heart of the circuit.

Tuner

Is there anyway to dyno tune a 92 Vortech truck PCM??? think that there is a lack of fuel problem....also a surge at idle. I have a mailorder tune, but...would rather have something better than that. I would consider paying someone to do it if there is anyone in the Houston are that had that capability. (Its actually my brothers truck...posting this for him) thanks for any help that i can get in advance.

Charles
    Murphy's Laws of War:
    Bullets Have The Right-Of-Way
    Friendly Fire....Isnt
    If It Is Strong Enough The Enemy Cant Get In....You Cant Get Out
    Tracers Point Both Ways

Advanced Tuner

1992 c/k truck should use pcm #16146299 that is loaded with calibration id $99 which is fully editable with tunercat or gmpcm, you will also need an eeprom programmer that supports 27c256 uv erasable eeprom (some use 27c512, or you can just desolder and replace with an atmel 29c256/512 but you still need the programmer, check out www.thirdgen.org for loads of information on obd1 programming.

i use tunercat and gmpcm for editing, romulator for emulation, and needhams emp20 for programming.

tunercat when plugged into the romulator allows you to make on the fly changes which substantially reduce dyno time

There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!