Thread: Gen2 Coyote fuel trim issues, Gen1 supercharger installed.

Gen2 Coyote fuel trim issues, Gen1 supercharger installed.

I'm working on a friend of a friends 1973 F100 that has a Gen2 Coyote/6 speed auto out of a 2016 F150 installed in it. He bought a Magnuson Supercharger for a Gen1 from my friend who bought it off me. They convinced me to tune it as I tuned this supercharger on both my, and my buddies Gen1 Coyotes and they worked great but now I'm running into territory that I need help. Right now I'm fighting a fuel trim issue where it's correcting like crazy at idle. I thought it was the IMRC settings but if I use stock settings the truck starts then dies right away.

Here's additional information:
    Factory F-150 ECU that some other shop had the PATS disabled and various other codes that I'd turned most of them back on.
    No body control module, so no speedo.
    Return style fuel system by Vapor Worx set to 58psi.
    ID1000 injectors
    Stock TB
    5lbs pulley installed
    It has a Bosch 3 bar t-map sensor installed post blower, no TIP sensor.
    It has Mid-length headers that I had the 02 sensors moved just past the collector as the O2 was mounted too far up the collector and basically only reading 1 cylinder.
    idle is set to 800 currently because at stock 600, the engine nearly dies when the aftermarket cooling fan kicks on. At 800 no issues.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I decided to start from scratch. The shop the owner had do the install did more than just disable the PATS system and instead of trying to chase what they did, I started back from scratch. Tuning is going much better now. SD changes are working well, no throttle surging, idling issues or anything. I'm locking each mapped point tuning the SD tables that way.
    Last edited by mechanicboy; 07-21-2020 at 06:37 PM.

F150 is MAP based so you need to tune your speed density.