Thread: Help Setting Filters

Help Setting Filters

Hey guys! I'm looking for some help setting up filters when street tuning running open loop and using a wideband. I would rather do one long log containing both part throttle and WOT runs and then apply the filters to the data to get rid of all the transitions going into and coming out of PE and decel. I've read through some of the threads containing information on the deferences between using the slope and average function but I'm still having a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around the TRUE vs FALSE aspect of the equations, when to us "AND" or "OR" and how to properly set them up to filter out what I want and don't want. For example, what would be the correct equation for filtering transitions into and out of PE? Using commanded EQ, I would think it should look like this: [50118.238.avg(500)]<.998 and [50118.238.avg(-500)]<.998 and [50118.238.avg(500)]>.782 and [50118.238.avg(-500)]>.782. The first equation reads: Filter out all data 500MS AFTER the commanded eq ratio is less than .998. Am i correct on that ?

Senior Tuner
    u cant really say to filter out less then .998 and more then .782 as there isnt any stop so one will filter out all below and other all above so basically everything gets filtered out, what u can do is make up the filters in the maths and get it to show the filter in the chart v time and set it up so it will show 1 or 0 then u can see exactly when its leaving in or filtering out any data, here is a pic for example as u can see blue line showing 1 or 0 so u can see whats filtered out, once u know the filter is doing what u want just add the filter to any pid u want it to work on like WB error