Thread: Distance tables snap to line

Potential Tuner

Distance tables snap to line

so i have red the threads pertaining to distance tables and im pretty sure on how they work but when i log my stock tune i dont under stand what is making
    my tune use mapped points 16 17 @~2000rpm. i will provide my log and tune. i can't see reference to those MP any where.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbf69 View Post
    so i have red the threads pertaining to distance tables and im pretty sure on how they work but when i log my stock tune i dont under stand what is making
    my tune use mapped points 16 17 @~2000rpm. i will provide my log and tune. i can't see reference to those MP any where.
    I believe since your tune has the IMRCs disabled and defaulted to 'Open', the car will always run in the range of MP14 to M26 instead of MP1 to MP13. I think MP0 is possible though?

@ 2000 RPM and around .15-.20 Load, the Best Fuel Economy Distance wants to blend MP3 and MP4. Those translate to MP16 and MP17 respectively.
    Knock Retard is like an Ignition Timing Tax:

(+) Knock Retard = Reducing Net Timing (less power output)
    (--) Knock Retard = Increasing Net Timing (more power output).
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Potential Tuner
    Well that makes total sense now that I look at it. I didnt read that in any of the posts I read referring to distance tables.
    I just tried MP 0 and it seems it is disabled as well

Tuner in Training
    It took me weeks of banging my head to learn that you can command disabled points and the cams will go there, but it returns calibration data for nearby or coincident enabled points.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    It took me weeks of banging my head to learn that you can command disabled points and the cams will go there, but it returns calibration data for nearby or coincident enabled points.

I still believe your theory is possible however in the code itself there's probably a check for IMRC position and the MP is selected based on that.

One way to 'confirm' that theory is to (using OPs car as example) set MP3/4 top 3 rows of borderline to say "0", write cal, then datalog it. If it's just a 'ghost' MP16/MP17 but actually using MP3/4 then your timing would show it! Right?
    Knock Retard is like an Ignition Timing Tax:

(+) Knock Retard = Reducing Net Timing (less power output)
    (--) Knock Retard = Increasing Net Timing (more power output).
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results