Thread: 2020 6.2 10spd

Potential Tuner

2020 6.2 10spd

Guys, Thanks in advance for your help..

2020 Silverado 10spd, 4x4, 6.2L
    We are about to start a crazy build and while the HP site says tuning is available, Id like to ask the pros that do this daily. We are building a heads, cam, headers, e85, meth,procharged truck, my concern is being able to tune for all it and of course the TCM.

TCM or T93 has no support nor does it look like they will support the Bosch! Im praying they do for mine. My 20 is a 5.3 procharged and its definitely tunable. Its extremely differnt so proceed with caution as I by no means am a pro. More of a shade tree F up lol. Im planning on having LMR cam mine before long with my procharger. One thing I learned is theres no such thing as just reading the ECM after its unlock "at least i cant do a read on mine" I can only write to it! so you need a stock file to start with from scratch. You Must turn off VATS on our trucks once you get it back and have the GM tool to relink it. After that you can write to it all day. If a write does fail and the check engine light comes on talking about link loss to trans and the trans is stuck in 4th LIMP MODE just undo battery for 30 minutes. This only happened when I had a shitty network connection. Oh and a solid WIFI connection is a must for every download to avoid failed writes. Hope this helps

Potential Tuner
    [QUOTE=jacob3318;624870] Thanks Jacob! I wonder if swapping the TCM would work. Is there another PCM and TCM that would work? Like going backwards a year The shifts are already pretty sloppy on this truck so TCM tuning is a must .. eventually. I would love to push this thing but its going to be a challenge

You cannot swap to the T87a or swap in a younger ecm from my understanding. These trans are sloppy in stock for but under boost mine does feel better. But it does need love for sure
    2019 Procharged 5.3, KOOKS 1 7/8 long tubes, full true dual 3? magnaflow with built in x pipe, L86 intake, and throttle body, with a shade tree tune and a F**king locked T93 trans "she runs good though" plugs look nice lol

Potential Tuner
    It?s my understanding a shop in Texas is doing something, swapping to 87A or unlocking fir the A10. It?s a bit costly but then what isn?t anymore?

Tuner in Training
    HHP has a solution for the untunable 10spd's with the T93 that totally works. I bought one thinking it would work for the T93 8spd trucks but it does not. Want it?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...finally-coming

Advanced Tuner
    Better check that it will work with these trucks first. As I recall, the 19+ full size trucks have a different shifter position switch from what the T87A support, possibly an extra PCS as well, so it probably won't work.