Thread: License issue

License issue

I have a customer car dropped off at the shop this morning for tuning. I do not have a license for this car. I went online and puchased the 2 credits required (Actually did this twice but that's another story). So I should have received a new key and now show 4 credits available. However, this is 5 hours later and the key is the same and no available credits and I have a customer who wants his car back.

What am I doing wrong and how long does this process take. I pay'd direct debit through Paypal. I also forwarded this same info to [email protected] 5 hours ago and have received no response.

I need some assistance PLEASE!

Joe..
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

Cam, 3.42's, TPIS Headers,
    Random Tech Cats, Yank 3600 TC,
    FLT Tranny, 150hp NX Shot

81 - Project FrankenSport

SRIII Tube Chassis, C4 Suspension,
    QA1 Coilovers, Dana 44 w/3.90's,
    T56 6spd, Corbeaus, Tubbed,
    Blown Z06 Engine, SW Headers/Sidepipes

Tuner in Training
    Read this, I have the same issue:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...0816#post60816
    04 GMC Canyon I5 4x4

Well that sucks big time. Only one person can issue new keys?

If that's the case, then I not only just lost a $400 job (customer is moving to Fla tomorrow) but also spent $100 for credits I won't need right now.

I sincerely hope that that is not really the case here. If I worked that way, I'd be out of business.
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

Advanced Tuner
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Thumbs down

Part is saying ok, fine. Then a bigger part of me is extremely t'd because not only did I lose money today (and HPT already received a considerable amount from me for the tuner package) but now I have a customer pissed at me. He was leaving for Fla, went out of his way and a friends to drop the car off 7am this morning, and picked it up this afternoon with nothing done.

Obviously HPT is not going to reimburse me for lost revenue, but they should rethink this licensing strategy if there is any chance a shop who has spent thousands with them (or even an individual who bought a single license) is going to be left stranded if they need a quick license upgrade.

Apologizing is one thing, making sure it can't happen again is another and remains to be seen. It's a good product (which I and others paid dearly for) and support has been satisfactory even with the "behind the internet curtain mentality". But growth must be accompanied by support.

Soapbox off.
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah we always try and recommend that tunershops purchase credits ahead of time rather then waiting till the last moment to get their credits because things do happen, computers do crash & such & in this instance theres not much we can do remotely.

Thanks
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    With that said, what kind of lead time should someone expect for something of this nature? Just out of curiosity. I may end up having to purchase additional credits, and that'd be something good to know instead of sitting, waiting, and wondering when your request will be handled.
    **Capt. Ron - 7th Dist. Fire**

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yeah we always try and recommend that tunershops purchase credits ahead of time rather then waiting till the last moment to get their credits because things do happen, computers do crash & such & in this instance theres not much we can do remotely.

Thanks
    Bill

Well, my only comment to that is NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT. Then again, maybe I was suppose to weed through this forum to get that info in my spare time. I like others work 7 days a week just to keep up. I guess that's a good thing that I am busy. However, it doesn't leave me much time to scour through the forums unless I need something, LIKE NOW!
    Joe Santacroce

98 Black/Black A4 Coupe

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thats kinda the whole point OF the credit system so that you don't have to wait on us/the system to issue you new vehicle support...order the credits ahead of time so you have them. If your upset now the old system you NEEDED to wait for a whole new 15mb download to get whatever license you wanted...now its just a matter of getting a key which you can order ahead of time instead of NEEDING to know what your going to be tuning.

Fwiw I've seen people get their application key as little as 5 minutes after the order and as long as 48 hours in normal cases...again this isnt normal that their key producer goes down while out at SEMA which isnt remotely fixable meaning keith needs to get back to Ill. before he can do anything.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"