Thread: Base Tune before datalogging 2015+ Mustang

Base Tune before datalogging 2015+ Mustang

Just got the time to sit and write a tune and datalog. Finished writing the base tune before datalogging just wondering if someone would check it over see if there's anything I can improve upon.

Justin's 2016 Mustang GT Base.hpt

depends on the mods but if this is stock or near it, leave everything 100% stock to start logging. log and see what needs changed/limiters are actually present and then figure out what you are wanting from it. its tempting to want to make a bunch of changes but less is often more. Ford did the leg work, and its a very robust and capable starting point.

Several of the tq monitors/safety systems/limiters that make this car user friendly are disable or limiters removed/pushed back. did you run the tq tables through a calculator of sorts? id leave them stock until you have a reason to go changing them. minor changes cause headaches in the wrong areas. put the mbt tables back as well. If you want something to adjust as a starting point, log fuel trims and make sure they are in order and then pull a FRPP tune from the repository or some of my older posts and use the borderline tables to get a jump start on 91/93 timing if you are running 91/93. adjust the limiters if and when you start hitting them and as they come.

I see a couple things post your stock file

stock file

This is my stock file. Haven't had time in awhile to sit down and actually try and tune. Going to get after it again.
    Justin's 2016 Mustang GT Stock.hpt

Also decided to scrap the base tune from a year ago and just start by tuning MAF to perfection then adjust and play with other things. Here is the new file with MAF adjusted using the formula (pi)(ID^2) for MAF calibration. ID being the inner diameter of the intake tube. Mine being a 110mm JLT.
    Justin's 2016 Mustang GT Stock With maf calibrated.hpt
    Last edited by Runforrestrun67; 10-21-2021 at 09:55 PM.