Thread: gen4 sierra lq5 tuning ve and maf suggestions of possible errors w files

Tuner in Training

gen4 sierra lq5 tuning ve and maf suggestions of possible errors w files

Hi guys,
    Ok, I receently swapped out the cam, lifters and deleted my DOD. It's a mild cam sum-8718, so the truck runs without having to do a tune, but I bumped up the maf and ve tables 2.5 percent and idle plus +50 rpms because it was hunting and stumbling just a bit. Now that I've installed by AEM wideband and got it working...I'm finishing up the histograms and files I need to do the VE and MAF. I need some help seeing if there are any errors with these files or something I can improve or need to fix before I flash.

First off the VE file.
    I tried setting it up by a video from Chopperdoc I found on youtube. He doesn't appear to use a gen 4, but the way he explains it...he doesn't rush and is very informative. Not sure about the high rpm disable in the dynamic airflow, so that why I'm posting. I will also attach my maf tune , so you guys could give it a glace. here are my edits.

First off VE
    1.Airflow-- dynamic-- High Rpm 2 low rpm 1
    2.DTC 101-103 MIL first on error no light selected
    3.fuel---oxy sensor--- disable long term fuel trim --- min/max ect 284f
    4.ect vs startup ect graf entire range 284 f
    5 fuel---cutoff dfco---enable ect 284f
    6 fuel temp control --- cot diasble
    7 fuel ---open loop base---misc -- eq ratio min set all cells to "1"
    8 spark advance copy the high octane to the low
    after this the video went into power enrichment, but I"m not doing 1/4 tracks and street racing. This is just a DD, so I don't feel i need to mess with that unless you guys suggest something.

Ok , now the MAF I had to use or find a different video because I just had to much trouble trying to find the setting because of the different ecms and gens.
    1. Airflow--- dynamic high rpm disable 100 low enable 8000
    2. fuel ---oxy sensors--monitoring --02 readiness ect table set to 400f across
    3.fuel ---oxy sensors--long term fuel trims --min ect 400f max 10
    4.fuel ---temp control---cot disabled
    5.fuel---cutoff,dfco---deceleration fuel cutoff---enable ect 400f disable 399f

I believe that's all.
    TIA!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Your VE tune file was going to be a massive failure. You wrote the right things in your post but did not implement them in your tune file?
    For example:
    ECM 4000 set to 2
    ECM 4001 set to 1
    ECM 3003 set to 8192
    ECM 3033 set to 8191

Be sure that if you are going to run open loop for tuning you double check in the scanner your fuel trims are always 0.

www.tuning101.com He has good Gen 4 MAF and VVE tuning videos and walks you through the setup.

If you are good with math parameters check out this thread so you can tune VVE from your MAF. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ation-for-gen4

Tuner in Training
    Yeah...i kept on searching and found another vid. That ve file needs some tweaks. Thank you for the critique and pointing me in the right direction.