Thread: stupid question on setting up my 3 bar

stupid question on setting up my 3 bar

when setting up my 3 bar tune do i have to turn off all the MAF codes and set the MAF fail frequency.

thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    do you need to? no. If you want to have your ses light blaring in your face at all times you don't need to do it. Just unplug the maf.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

thats what i wanted to hear thanks.
    remove the maf, set the fail code to 0, then have no error reported right?

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk
    thats what i wanted to hear thanks.
    remove the maf, set the fail code to 0, then have no error reported right?
    If you unplug the maf, you will get P0102. If you set the fail freq. to 0,(with the maf plugged in) you will get a P0103. If you unplug the maf and set P0102 to no error, the car will not run. Just set the code to no light. If you leave the maf plugged in and have the fail freq. set to 0 and the P0103 set to no error, the car won't run. Set the P0103 to no light.

Russ Kemp

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    If you unplug the maf, you will get P0102. If you set the fail freq. to 0,(with the maf plugged in) you will get a P0103. If you unplug the maf and set P0102 to no error, the car will not run. Just set the code to no light. If you leave the maf plugged in and have the fail freq. set to 0 and the P0103 set to no error, the car won't run. Set the P0103 to no light.

Russ Kemp
    correct...just remember if you tell it "no error reported" its like telling the computer "yeah everythings cool" even though you have no maf unplugged so at that point the computer is going to try an interpret whatever false info its getting from the non existant maf signal & apply it...at which time with the non existant readings coming in it wont know what to do & usually will just simply die.

ok thanks for clearing that up.

nother quick question under the colum ses enable there is a check box there what does that do? should i uncheck them for my maf?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    up to you really Im pretty sure the check box doesnt matter other then emissions purposes.