Thread: A Newbie needing advice

Potential Tuner

2016 gt burble advice

I?m needing some direction and guidance here for a simple ?first shot at using HP? I don?t own the cookbook yet, or have any prior experience with HP. The task I chose was to manipulate my already Tuned 2016 GT for some decel gurgles. From what I?ve read, most people seem to suggest just simply turning off DFCO. Seems simple enough, but I?m not understanding how to do this given there is no toggle to do so. If I understand correctly, I will need to 0 out the base and temp tables for Temp Based Cutoff; but have the slightest confidence that my ?hunch? is right. Any guidance would be appreciated. I?m currently stuck in my tracks on how to give this a shot
    Last edited by tfulgh13; 12-07-2020 at 12:11 PM.

If you search around, you will find some stuff.

I havent done this yet for a Coyote but you must log the mapped points for deceleration that are used and retard spark.
    Im sure this has been discussed here.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tfulgh13 View Post
    I?m needing some direction and guidance here for a simple ?first shot at using HP? I don?t own the cookbook yet, or have any prior experience with HP. The task I chose was to manipulate my already Tuned 2016 GT for some decel gurgles. From what I?ve read, most people seem to suggest just simply turning off DFCO. Seems simple enough, but I?m not understanding how to do this given there is no toggle to do so. If I understand correctly, I will need to 0 out the base and temp tables for Temp Based Cutoff; but have the slightest confidence that my ?hunch? is right. Any guidance would be appreciated. I?m currently stuck in my tracks on how to give this a shot
    i did something similar on my 07 mustang by lowering the spark in the main table up in the decel range to 10 degrees or lower.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tfulgh13 View Post
    Is a lot harder to get the decel burble or back fire on the coyote motors because they don?t like to do it. You have to disable quite a bit of things to make it work, and even then sometimes the ecu will try to stabilize the issue by changing the cam timing, and taking over torque and spark control.