Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.7L Cummins Swap - Can HPTuners Eliminate EGR and DPF Algorithms?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    I use HxD hex editor more than WinOLS, I?ve yet to feel inclined to pay for the cost of the full functional WinOLS. I don?t use IDA or Ghidra.
    There are a lot of "home brewed" obfuscation in these file formats from HMAC MD5 to very simple 1980's XOR "encryption".

???

Potential Tuner
    You may want to look into IDA or Ghidra for more complex disassembly.

I know what they are, I don?t use them

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Stroker View Post
    This might piss some people off but for those interested this should be everything you need if you have the OS 32370631AH/32.16.05.00 but if you have a different one then data will be in different location. If HPT didn't do codes on these this will NOT be a solution for those. The binary shared lines up with how XDF is currently configured, but all data locations will be offset from what I shared in XDF I made VS HPTuners. When opened in HPT OFFSET WILL BE WRONG. I don't have a HPT 13+ Cummins read to figure offset out that HPT used on these but Enjoy, But if you brick your ECM it's not mine or HPT's fault as you are messing with things outside your scope of knowledge. Keep in mind if you make just one single bit change outside of a good data area you can EASILY turn you $3000 ECM into a paper weight. Another hint NOT all params I did in this is necessary to be changed. Depending on how you do it, it should get you a good start. This is all a puzzle and without some expensive Binary tools and access to good tools like WinOLS and it's plugins I will be extremely surprised if anyone on here is successful in pulling this off.

https://mega.nz/folder/9zJ0GbpQ#1EKpveFSDA_jQohd_SluMA
    some important stuff missing in that list and some stuff not needed and some stuff some people just shouldn't touch unless they know what they are doing.