Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LM1 Calibration

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    First off, make sure you do a Free air calibration.

0v = 10 afr
    5v = 18 afr

Set the LM-1 in logworks to 2.5 = 10afr and 2.5v = 18 afr. MAKE SURE AFTER YOU PROGRAM THE LM-1 YOU POWER IT COMPLETELY OFF. Then setup a custom pid in hpt. Set it to volts/.625 + 10(10 for now). Set the decimal places on the AFR histogram to 3 decimal places. Goto the scanner and open the pid and go to configure. Leave the window open so you can change the numbers. If you close it and start the scanner, it won't let you go to user config for some reason. Then start the scanner, it should be around 14.000. If it isn't, start moving the "10" up and down. Stop the scanner, then restart it so you get an accurate average. You can make changes and see it change right away, but it won't be accurate because its averaging in the previous values. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, you just found the offset. Go back into LMProgrammer and set it to 0v = 10 and 5v = 18, THEN TURN THE POWER OFF ON IT AFTER YOU PROGRAM IT. Go for a drive in closed loop and see if your around 14.6-14.8 all the time. You could set the PE AFR to 12.0 across the board and see if it goes to that number when you mash it.

I do have a few questions myself for everyone; if you set it up this way, will the AFR near the upper and lower limits be innacurate away from the middle 14.7? Has anyone figured out the 50 points to put in the make a curve instead of a straight line?
    interested in responses on this ^^^

there is some incorrect info flying around here about the LM-1

first off there are 2 outputs from the LM-1, one that is 1.0 - 2.0 volts basically designed for a narrow band sensor type pid and one that is 0 - 5.0 volts, right out of the box. yes, you can re-configure either one to act like the other, but you can use both, I do.

check out this post where by the end of my figuring it all out, going thru a bunch of trial and error, most of these same questions were answered with the actual dual logs and all associated configuration screens pasted into the post.

Take a breath and read this: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8318

I have since slowed my sample rate down and much, but not all of the spikeyness is gone.

hope this helps, but I'm surprised someone didn't trip over it with a search, it is in this forum from Oct 06?