Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: am i incorrectly seeing knock? 2015 SC f-150

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    ^^^ funny how all the fails knock goes away with e85.
    I ran tested 87% Ethanol with stock Roush spark tables and got knock. It's a real thing with the Roush blower.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    I ran tested 87% Ethanol with stock Roush spark tables and got knock. It's a real thing with the Roush blower.
    Definitely, and you tested it correctly to determine and rule out without damaging the engine.

Tuner in Training
    Hi guys,

I was reading about this issue because I think I'm in a similar position.

My car (Whipple SC in a 16' Mustang GT) was making 780WHP with only E20 and nothing of knock. Now, I stroked it to 5.4L and add a +20% balancer with a 3'' SC pulley.

First, I reduced 10 degrees just to be sure for the borderline table and I?m using E85 but still car is pulling 10 degrees and was making like 550WHP, I limit the knock retard to 5 degrees, and it gets to 650WHP with 10 degrees of timing I think is too low.

Because of my new pistons and crankshaft, I know knock sensitivity changed so I removed 20% of all KNOCK SENSOR GAIN which says, ?This defines the sensitivity of the knock sensor, higher values are more sensitive.? But nothing changed. I don?t think there is detonation with 10 degrees and E85, specially because I?m 7800 feet over sea level so compression inside cylinder is lower.

What do you guys think?

Advanced Tuner
    dperformance are you running global or per cyl retard? If per cyl, I would suggest logging the kr for all 8 at a high data rate and few other pid?s to see what each cylinder is doing.