Thread: Off topic: Anyone using LUBEGARD Platinum Automatic Transmission Fluid Protectant

Senior Tuner

Off topic: Anyone using LUBEGARD Platinum Automatic Transmission Fluid Protectant

Hey all, bit of a random one for the group. Came across this stuff the other day. https://www.lubegard.com/products/platinum/

Do any of you run it? Any positive or negative feedback to share? If like to try it in my 6L90 to see how the after market single disc converter goes with it.

Patent medicines for your transmission, neat-o! Give it a try. What have you got to lose other than money and your transmission? I'm sure it will do everything their marketing department claims.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Patent medicines for your transmission, neat-o! Give it a try. What have you got to lose other than money and your transmission? I'm sure it will do everything their marketing department claims.
    What he said.
    40 years in this industry and 40 years of snake oil. New Dexron VI is a minimum of a synthetic blend. At best (Amsoil, Mobil one, etc) is full synthetic. That is more than enough for the most extreme conditions. The only thing you should worry about is temperature.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah cool, figured as much. I've been following a guy on youtube lately. He's been putting this in all his Ford transmissions as an additive to regular off the shelf dexron xx. Those transmissions specify the use of the high dollar zf lifeguard fluid.

Was just trying to see if anyone has used it with success for torque converter lock up on high stall single discs in 6Lxx.

My torque converter lock up is excellent in 6th, but tuning it for a smooth lock in 4th and 5th is not going well as it has so many revs to pull down. It's hard to get it to slide into lock nicely without it grabbing.

Have you used BlueCat? It is the sh*t. Dials in shifts perfect.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah got bluecat. Everything is fine with shift points and quality and lock up in 6th is perfect. Just torque converter pressure apply ramp and desired pressure in 4th and 5th gear is proving challenging to get dialled in.

And I saw a Youtube video where a lady said that when you spray water in the air and it makes a rainbow, that's proof the government is putting mind-control chemicals in the water supply.

Senior Tuner
    Bettier if mixed with meth. Man makes large fire. Lady opens legs for man.

Advanced Tuner
    I run hy-gard/hy-tran equivalent hydraulic fluid with one bottle of lubegard platinum in all my 4 speeds. I haven?t done it in my 6l90e yet, but I probably will once it comes time to drain and fill.

Senior Tuner
    Hey, notice any difference when running it in your other trans?

I always wave a magic healing crystal over a newly-installed transmission, never had one fail yet so I know it works. Science!

Senior Tuner
    Beautiful thing. Reminds me of adding toluene to race gas. Magic structures them carbon based molecules.

Advanced Tuner
    The higher viscosity makes the stall a little tighter/more efficient. No other effects on operation. But, transmissions I?ve torn down after running that fluid generally have less wear.

Senior Tuner
    Awesome, thanks for your comment. Got nothing to lose to give it a try.

Advanced Tuner
    In transmissions I?ve torn down later, I definitely see less wear than units ran with atf.

Do they have any special offers, like a free electric supercharger with the purchase of a 12-pack or something? Maybe a discount coupon for Splitfire spark plugs?

Senior Tuner
    You'd have to try to find out. Could be the next secret squirrel

Serious question and the reason to be ultra skeptical of any kind of transmission additive: If it does something bad, or even just if you decide don't like it, how do you get rid of it? How do you get all of it out of the clutch/band friction material? You can't. Once it's in the friction material it's there forever.

And I saw a Youtube video where a lady said that when you spray water in the air and it makes a rainbow, that's proof the government is putting mind-control chemicals in the water supply.
    you better listen to Alex Jones son...

Serious question and the reason to be ultra skeptical of any kind of transmission additive: If it does something bad, or even just if you decide don't like it, how do you get rid of it? How do you get all of it out of the clutch/band friction material? You can't. Once it's in the friction material it's there forever.
    yeah I've been playing with additives, but on my cheap dirt bike, I wouldnt dare mess around with a daily driver.

i've had some great success with molybdium MSO2 in a bikes motor oil, but you have to remove the oil filter to keep from plugging up and starving the oil pump.. very slippery and reduces tons of friction drag from a hot piston in a cylinder durring stop and go traffic , not to mention the shared transmission in a bikes engine case loves the molyl additive. Only place i use Moly is in the rear diff of my truck.