Thread: Leaf blowers

Leaf blowers

I would just like to put this out there as a reminder: If you need to run your leaf blower continuously for four hours once a week, a leaf blower is not the right tool for whatever you are trying to accomplish.

Can I vent about a different thing, like a neighbors new dog?

That stupid dog just barks at thin air and they don't do a damn thing about. I'm a few days away from leaving a bunch of passive aggressive notes to see if they get the hint.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Despite not being a dog person myself, I have learned a lot about dog owners over the years. Like, dog owners of that type will usually eventually decide to let the doggies out at night to 'go play'. And when they do, the doggies usually eventually find their way into my yard. After which, the doggies do not go home again. I figure that if they want the rules to be that they can do whatever they want, then I should be able to do whatever I want too, right? Only seems fair.

Update: Leafblower started up at 1:30 PM. It's now 6:20, and pitch dark, still going strong with only a short break about once an hour to refuel. I have no idea what this person is thinking.

Potential Tuner
    Consider yourself lucky! We have a neighbor who easily runs his 4+ hours a day. Can't even catch a break during winter months, if there is one flake of snow on his walk here comes the blower. I often wish there was a reverse and he would get his face stuck in the thing.

Advanced Tuner
    Sure leaf blowers are annoying but have you ever heard a harley

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

In Mississippi these days, everything is a Harley. No mufflers required on anything. Because Freedom, or something. If you want Freedom from assholes with no mufflers you're free to go live somewhere else where laws are enforced I guess.

Tuner in Training
    A leaf blower running that much sounds like they are using it as the forced air source in a homemade blacksmith forge or smelting furnace. There are more efficient and quieter ways of providing the needed airflow if that is what is going on.

Kane