Thread: 2020 gt etc fmem

2020 gt etc fmem

First time tuning a coyote platform. purchased the coyote cookbook a few weeks ago and started playing with my 2020 GT A10.

Only few problems I am currently having is ETC closing the throttle between shifts and anytime the car hits 8050 rpm it goes into ETC FMEM instead of driver demand and goes into limp mode. I feel like I have all my limiters turned up enough but I must be missing something. I know my car will probably make max power by 77/7800 rpm but I would like to dyno it all the way to 81/8200 to know for sure where the power falls off hard.

This is my first post so I hope I do the attatchments correctly. Tune file and 2 logs attatched.
    7800 has examples of throttle closing on shift
    RUN OUT is an example of limp mode at approx 8050 rpm.

JAMES GEN3 012. LOW END TIMING UP, RPM LIMIT 8400, SHIFT 7800.hpt

RUN OUT.hpl

7800.hpl

The first thing that jumps out at me is that your Knock max RPM value is 8000 and that is the max. The reason this is a problem is because you were getting 1.5 degrees of knock at 8000 when it stopped reading you hit 24.5 degrees of timing. YOU ARE GONNA BLOW IT UP.

Ranger, Thank you for replying. I am certainly trying to be as safe as possible. The stock tune only monitored knock up to 7000 rpm. I did not move it up after my most recent changes I will do that now. I have only added as much timing as my knock sensors were originally adding themselves. I did notice the knock retard in the upper rpm on that pull and have since taken some timing out of the upper range.

There has to be a missing table, I looked all through there and it looks like you got everything. The only thing I can think to do is try to find another copy of a 2020 and see if it has any tables yours is missing and email support about it...

Tuner
    How about torque error? the Throttle will close when there is wrong torque.
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

7850 SET POINT SOURCE LOGGER.hpl

Here is me logging the source pids with the shift point set to 7850.

I can see when it shuts the throttle RPM limit souce changes to Trans limit.
    Wife wants to take kids to the park, I'll do some more digging when I get home.

Car ran its best time ever today of 11.78@120 mph with only a 1.88 60 foot with the shifts set at 7500 rpm.

That's looking really strong, the spark is looking happy also!

In your Trans - General - Transmission Protection - Lower Clip - Set to 8500

Just did that. I will go back out tomorrow morning to try it out.
    I was hoping to get 121/122 mph on 93 without any new parts but that is beginning to look farfetched.

Really dont want to go to E85 because i would have to keep a barrel at the house.

I would be extremely happy with it for now if it would 60 foot in the 1.6x range, that would put the 1/4 around 11.4s, but at the same time I'm scared of using the transbrake.

I'll let you know what it does tomorrow!

Thanks Ranger. That fixed it! It will shift at any RPM and not pull throttle.

It appears that 7900 is overrunning the optimum shift point by a bit.
    This morning I ran 11.77 and 11.76 both at 118mph

I am happy with the new consistency. I plan on moving the shifts down to 7650 to see if I get some mph back.

Next is to improve on my 60 foot!

Heck yeah man... That's awesome news! One think you should check when you do your pulls: Log the Barometer & Intake Air Temp and you can tell if the air is way different so you compare apples to apples.