Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: no license to write to VCM after buying 3 credits

  1. #1

    no license to write to VCM after buying 3 credits

    have an 07 chevy avalanche I bought HP tuner and 2 credits. everything went well read ecm, went in and disabled DOD, and went to write it and gives me error of no license and sends me to page to buy credits. so I bought another credit. went back to write again, still says no license
    Can some help please

  2. #2
    Tuning Addict 5FDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rogers, MN
    Posts
    11,545
    You shouldn't need to buy that 3rd credit. It tells you when you go to flash the vehicle what you don't have the license for and on this truck it was likely the CCM or FSCM for the fuel pump.

    Go back to the truck and click read entire, then click gather vehicle information. Now only select the PCM and TCM to be read, then read that file, save it and make changes to that file. It shouldn't ask you for a license if you already spent the 2 credits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

    If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

  3. #3
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,973
    I would recommend you contact support directly so that we can work with you one on one with regards to your licensing issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  4. #4
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I would recommend you contact support directly so that we can work with you one on one with regards to your licensing issue.
    I have a customer waiting to get his vehicle and have submitted multiple support requests, and NO ANSWER........

  5. #5
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rwardell View Post
    I have a customer waiting to get his vehicle and have submitted multiple support requests, and NO ANSWER........
    I'm having this same issue also. Did you get your issue resolved ?

  6. #6
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcain6699 View Post
    I'm having this same issue also. Did you get your issue resolved ?
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  7. #7
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1

    related question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    If I buy a V2 pro and only want to tune my own car does it come reday to go or do I need to buy additional credits ?
    Basically does the unit come with 0 credits ?

  8. #8
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlexustech View Post
    If I buy a V2 pro and only want to tune my own car does it come reday to go or do I need to buy additional credits ?
    Basically does the unit come with 0 credits ?
    At the $299 price point the MPVI2 does not come with any credits. Credits need to be purchased separately from the device itself.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"