Thread: Safe base timing map for LSA supercharged Caprice?

Safe base timing map for LSA supercharged Caprice?

So I have some experience tuning a couple turbo cars I've had, and was able to figure out timing in low boost and work my way up. but now I am a bit concerned with the supercharger as I can't start out in low boost to get a reference of where to start pulling timing on the map. Should I just risk it by doing light pulls to see when it starts boosting and go from there? Or is there a better way to get a not-very-close-but-safe starting point where I don't have to risk a visit from uncle Rodney? Besides just pulling a bunch of timing across the whole map. Any tips are appreciated! By the way, it's a 6.0 L77 with a 239/242 cam, ported LSA with 2.55 pulley, and longtubes.

Senior Tuner
    For example my LSA runs 19 deg up top on the high octane on (Australia 98) pump fuel. You could start with 10deg and go from there safely.
    Other option is grab a stock ZL1 LSA tune and use the low octane table as a starting point.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    ......... (Australia 98) pump fuel.....
    Must you brag?

Senior Tuner
    On an application like yours, just make short 2nd gear pulls to start with. I typically do a pull to 4000 rpm to start with, and make adjustments accordingly. Once I get the AF ratio and timing dialed in there, then I'll take it up to 4500, then repeat...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    Must you brag?
    Lol, wish it was like that, our rating system is different. It's equivalent to US 93.

Thank you guys. Just wasn't sure if there was a way to pre-guesstimate-calculate when boost will be coming in. I think the CTSV table may be a good starting point though just to keep things safe.