Thread: GT350 TB is not opening 100% on my 2017 GT

Potential Tuner

GT350 TB is not opening 100% on my 2017 GT

Hello,

i changed to GT350 TB and CAI on my 2017 GT.
    The TB is not opening to 100% (see log below). Have I forgotten something ?

I adjusted following parameters:

Engine - Airflow - General - MAF Calibration - MAF Temp Compensation - FRPP2_GT350_TB_and_CAI_GT350 copied (axis + value)
    Engine - Airflow - General - MAF Calibration - MAF Airflow vs. Period - FRPP2_GT350_TB_and_CAI_GT350 copied (axis + value)

Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - TPS Configuration - TPS Config - FRPP2_GT350_TB_and_CAI_GT350 copied (value)
    Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - TPS Configuration - Sensor Slopes - FRPP2_GT350_TB_and_CAI_GT350 copied (value)

Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - Limits - Max Throttle Angle vs. RPM - FRPP2_GT350_TB_and_CAI_GT350 copied (value)
    Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - Limits - Throttle Angle Max - 85,125 to 92,0

Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - Throttle Body Model - Predicted Throttle Angle - FRPP2_GT350_TB_and_CAI_GT350 copied (value)
    Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - Throttle Body Model - Effective Area - FRPP2_GT350_TB_and_CAI_GT350 copied (value)
    Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - Limits - Max Angale - 90,0 to 92,0
    Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - TPC Configuration - Current Max Clip - 2,5A to 2,75A
    Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - TPC Configuration - Gearlash Tolerance - 0,05 to 0,06
    Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - TPC Configuration - Gear Ratio - 20,2 to 18,9
    Engine - Airflow - Electronic Throttle - ETC Angle Filtering - ETC PR Filtering - FRPP2_GT350_TB_and_CAI_GT350 copied (axis + value)

I picked the values from a FRPP2 file from the forum here. FRPP2_TB_GT3350_and_CAI_GT350.hpt

Log:
    Log_CAI_and_TB_GT350.jpg

Thanks
    Last edited by MKYBIZ; 05-16-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Tuner
    Don’t think mine opens all the way either. I seem to remember that it’s maybe 85deg or so. Don’t think you are giving up anything at the throttle angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    Don’t think mine opens all the way either. I seem to remember that it’s maybe 85deg or so. Don’t think you are giving up anything at the throttle angle.
    He is right. max angle is regularly set to 83-86*. I like to log throttle angle not percent. Makes it easier to see if the throttle is hitting max.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for feedback.
    I also logged the stock TB.
    The stock TB is opening 85deg which is also the max. angle and 100%.

Thats why i am wondering the the GT350 TB is not opening 92deg as writen in the datas.

Is it better to set the datas on 90deg ?
    Are there tables which read this information? Could this lead to a power / torque loss?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    what you have logged is considered fully open, especially with ford you dont get 100%
    Follow @MASTUNING
    Remote Tuning Sultan@mastuning.net
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    If you will look at the throttle blade angle when the engine isn't running you will see it isn't at 0%. They don't start from verticle or 0% cause they are used as the idle control also.