Thread: VCM Scanner - Equivalence Ratio Commanded / WB EQ

VCM Scanner - Equivalence Ratio Commanded / WB EQ

Has anyone else noticed that the Equivalence Ratio Commanded is way off from actual WB EQ Ratio? I've noticed on my non-EcoBoost and EcoBoost logs that say I commanded 0.85 lambda, my WB EQ Ratio actual is 0.85 but my Equivalence Ratio Commanded is something like 1.19

I recall from GM tuning that equivalent ratio is the inverse of lambda, so if I do the inverse of 1.19 it is about 0.85

Is this the reason why the EQ Ratio Commanded looks this way? I know I am not running/commanding it to be THAT lean. I can do a Math parameters and inverse it, but seems weird that I'd have to do this extra step.

Senior Tuner
    you should also be able to right click and change the unit to phi. I think the scanner had the units backwards. Idk if its still that way or has been fixed.

Thanks, that worked. I don't think it has been fixed.

Advanced Tuner
    No log file is just a guess but my guess is the engine is running rich. The PCM is commanding 1.19 to achieve the actual .85 (using your #s). What's your fuel trims look like in that moment.. I'm guessing way off in the minus.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Senior Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nd-over-at-WOT

Pretty sure he is seeing the same thing. Just a scanner reporting issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh dang I missed that thread. Good catch Murf! A false report would make sense as long as trims are in check!
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results