Thread: MPVI 2 Unsupported Interface

Tuner in Training

MPVI 2 Unsupported Interface

So, I was trying to load a cal this morning and got a firmware update. I let it update and went to load the cal again and it said something about the cal not being paired to the VIN or something, so I did a resync. Then it told me I had two credits and I applied them to the device and the vehicle and it seemed happy again. I went to load a cal again and now it says "unsupported interface". Anyone have any ideas? I feel like it had a bad firmware flash or something. I can connect to the car and read PIDs with my nGauge and the VCM Scanner, but not the VCM Editor.

Tuner in Training
    BTW, I've tried two computers, three different cables and two different cars and VCM Editor will not read or write using my MPVI2. VCM Scanner works perfectly though. I even generated an info.txt file and everything looks fine. I have the latest 4.10.4 software and FTDI drivers as well. I tried uninstalling the software and deleting the config files and reinstalled and setup everything. Still the same crap.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I opened a ticket and Brian is helping me out. Looks like I'm gonna have to send it in. I've only had it a little over two weeks. I wish I knew if it was something I did wrong so I don't do it again.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It was nothing you did.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"