Thread: Hellcat RPM - ZF8 related

Potential Tuner

Hellcat RPM - ZF8 related

still trying to wrap my head around the RPM limiter within the Hellcat ECU.

Now, because raising the engine RPM cut off in the PCM obviously wont do it, I'm trying figure out that ZF8 transmission shift patterns and output shaft limits.
    I'm just focusing on the manual mode with paddles (for 5th gear pulls on the dyno) right now, and then worry about the rest after that's been solved.

From the sticky, I've gathered that the car is using those 5 shift pattern maps (shift situation M-Gate) for what I'm doing now.
    Also it looks like the RPM's aren't engine but rather output shaft RPM's, as the number at the limiter while logging pretty much corresponds to what is set in the tables.

So, if I up those about 500rpm's, I should technically be able to spin the car more than 6150rpm (in 5th gear, manual mode using the paddles), correct?

What about the OSS limits? I've upped the max engine speed table a bit, but what about the 5 shift pattern tables below? The limits 5th gear are around 1100ish RPM's. Is that added on top of something, or what do they do?

thanks a ton,
    Andy
    Last edited by akiese; 08-04-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I'll log that PID ... think it's now called "trans shift mode".
    thank's for the spreadsheet, will take a look a that as well.

nope, i'm hitting a rev limiter ...

Potential Tuner
    to raise this thread from the dead ... I have the car back again for some small changes and while at it, I'm still eager to solve that RPM Limit issue.
    I put a 3.0 pulley on it for now, and will go 2.85 once I fixed that RPM Limit issue. Makes no sense to me, to run all the boost now and running into that limiter.

Shift ID is 40, throttle torque source is PEDAL during the whole run, once it hits 6200rpm it changes to RPM Limit.

I'm running out of ideas ... maybe it's a 2015 ECU thing??

Advanced Tuner
    What Ive come up with is
    5-Normal
    7-Sport
    9-Track
    27-Normal Paddle
    31-Sport paddle
    31-Track paddle
    28-Sport manual
    28-Track manual

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Post your tune file and a log.
    I'll have the car in the shop this week for some maintenance work. Maybe there's a chance I can figure this RPM Limit out with the help from you guys

Attached is a tune in progress file with the appropriate log from a 5th gear WOT pull
    Attached Files Attached Files

So you need to raise the shift pattern rpms, and the cutoff rpms in the trabs and engine
    Transmission>general>tcm rpm limit
    Transmission>shift scheduling> all the numbered agression tables
    Engine>fuel>cutoff,dfco>rpm limits
    Make sure all thise are changed and you should be good
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    Cammotion custom 222/234 cam
    stainless works long tube headers and catless mid pipes
    3' catback with h-pipe & pypes violator mufflers
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

Tuner
    Are you still having issues?

I just took a look in your measurement.... I have some ideas on potential ways to solve it.