Thread: 1970 Impala NooB LY5 5.3 Swap help with stock tune

Tuner in Training

1970 Impala NooB LY5 5.3 Swap help with stock tune

I'm new to the whole tuning scene and after numerous hrs searching watching videos and reading I finally decided to ask for help and input on my tune. I built a 1970 impala and swapped in an LY5 5.3 from a 2007 Tahoe with a 4l60e transmission. The only mods if you can call them like that are cold air intake and true dual exhaust with stock cats. Car runs amazing but I do have some items I would like to fix and was also interested in what numbers I can modify on this stock engine and maybe switch it over to 91 Octane.

If you could look at my current tune I would greatly appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can switch over to 91 octane anytime you want to be honest, it never hurts to run more octane.

Data logs of it running help a lot to see if anything is wrong or needs addressing before making a lot of changes. Make sure the logs are filled with most normal things like rpm, speed, injector pulse width avg for both banks, knock retard, timing, IAT, ECT temps, commanded AFR and so on.

Simple things you can still change are the PE settings. Lower the pedal enable to 65%, lower the RPM enable to 1,500, raise the MAP enable to 80kpa. The power enrichment EQ ratio is still really fat because it's a truck application, change the value from 3,250 on to 1.200. That will lean it out some and still make good power.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for that input will do a run Sunday Morning and post it and go from there once again thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Here are a few logs of some city driving and a couple of hits, like I said I have only messed with the basic stuff. Any input will be appreciated. FYI Im working on moving the cold air intake to help with the AIT.Idle from cold start.hplIdle to operating temperature with two sweeps at the end.hpl1st hit.hpl2nd hit.hpl3rd hit.hplcity driving after hits.hpl

You're fuel trims are pretty high under load. Make sure you have no vacuum leaks or exhaust leak. Also make sure that you are able to maintain 58psi of fuel pressure all the time or atleast close to that amount. If pressure is dropping that isn't good.

The data logs are still missing your injector data, MAP data, o2 sensors and cylinder airmass.

Also try lowering the PE settings like I said above.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks will give it another try tomorrow