Thread: What to buy?

Potential Tuner

What to buy?

I have 2 GM vehicles to delete AFM on. 08 Avalanche and a 10 Yukon xl. I think i can buy the equipment and do it myself for the price of 2 tunes at my local shop ($500). Im not going to be messing around with anything but the AFM until I do a lot of reading and watching. What do I need to order?
    Last edited by dray55; 08-31-2021 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Model info

The standard MPVI2 and the required amount of credits. Each of those vehicles takes two credits, so you'll need 4 total credits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. Will I need credits every time I make a change to those 2 vehicles?

No. The credits are a one time thing. Once the computer is licensed you can make an unlimited amount of changes to it.

Word of the wise. When you read the computer for the first time make sure to click the "gather vehicle information" button, I believe it's worded similar to that. This will pull up all the computers on the vehicle that you can read. Only select the PCM and TCM. If there is a FCSM (fuel pump) or a CCM module, click do not read.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the tip.