Thread: Clarification as far "Pending" DTC

Tuner in Training

Question Clarification as far "Pending" DTC

Hello Guys,

few days ago i had some issues on my Corvette C7, basically throwing me a message after few minutes of driving "Rear Axle System Off".
    long story short the problem was related to a sensor broken connector of the "transmission fluid temperature" that was sending wrong parametrs to the CCM and causing it to disable the rear eDiff for prevention of damages.

And it was throwing 2 codes:

- "U042B invalid data received from chassis control module A" ---> Unable to clear this one it was classified as (SES, pending, current, old, history)

- "P0713 transmission fluid temperature sensor A circuit high" ---> This one went away after fixing the connector.

After i've fixed the connector, the "Rear Axle System Off" message disappeared, cars drives perfectly, but, if i read DTC, i still have this code stored:

- "U042B invalid data received from chassis control module A" ---> Now classified as (Pending only)

Will it be cleared automatically after few driving cycles without the issue?

Thanks

Alessio

It depends (sorry!) on the criteria for that specific code. 'Pending' means it's detected a failure and it's waiting a defined number of drive cycles to see if it happens again. Some codes require 50 drive cycles to clear a History code, some will never self-clear, some only require a few.

If you're gonna monkey around with this stuff you should really have your own access to GM service manuals, they describe the code setting/clearing criteria for each DTC pretty well.