Thread: Need Stock tune for my truck!

Need Stock tune for my truck!

Hi all! Thanks to California's new smog laws, I need a stock tune for my truck. As I changed my computer 14 years ago or so, I no longer have access to the original tune. The truck is stock. I only changed the speedo settings and shift points and a few other things I cant remember. I've tried all of the tunes that fit my year vehicle already. No luck. Can someone here post into the archived repository a stock tune if you think it may work?

My truck : 2003 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500HD 4x4 crew cab standard bed LQ4 engine 4L80e transmission with 4.1 differentials.

Any help here would be super appreciated! Even some ideas on where to look for more repositories.

Thank you!
    2003 HD Silverado 6.0 4x4 w/Quadrasteer 36" Michelin ZXL (255/100R16) (9.00R16)

And your tune file which contains your VIN is where?

Hi Blindsquirrel. Do you need the hpt tune or just the VIN # of my truck?

If just the VIN, its 1GCGK13U33F225950.

I think what he is getting at is that nobody has your stock file because you own the truck and you did the changes all those years ago.

If you want to return it to the factory settings like when it rolled off the show room floor, you are going to be making an appointment at your local Chevrolet dealership and they will gladly flash your truck back to stock for a price.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Since the tune file is TOP SEKRIT!, go to https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/, put in your VIN, and compare what it has there against your tune file where it shows the OS info with CalIDs and CVNs. Which is what I would have done if you'd posted the file. But you didn't. So you get to do it yourself.

Tuner in Training
    OP; I have this exact same truck (except mine is a GMC), including the Quadrasteer. Mine is a 2WD w/ 4.10, corrected for 31" tires.

I believe I posted mine in the support repository, made with v. 3.6.x
    Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll (re)post it in the support repository.
    (on edit: I just looked, and don't see the support repository any longer? It may have been removed)

Once you get squared away, I'd like to chat w/ you re: Cali's changes. My truck is exempt here in IL due to GVWR (and that was a national thing, IIRC). So I'd like to see what might be coming down the line. Thanks.
    Last edited by TowinDaLine; 09-12-2021 at 07:29 PM. Reason: addn'l info

I tried using squirrels link. I get this:

E4214: WARNING: You have received this message for one of the following reasons:

1. Session has timed out.
    2. Another user is using the same user id/password and has terminated your session.
    3. Security violation - user does not have access to this application.

Works fine here. That's your VIN.

screenshot.13-09-2021 09.10.31.png

So Im not sure how to use this data. Im trying to learn here. I went into my hptuner and got these tuning details:

tune details.JPG

Also not sure why that link doesnt work for me. edit. Ok. The link works for me now. Weird. Anyway.......
    Last edited by 03Quadrado; 09-13-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks for making this more difficult than it needs to be. Why can you not just post the tune file? It's weird.

I think the 8-digit CalID for each segment is pretty self-explanatory. The CVN is a hash calculated from all the settings inside the segment. If even one tiny insignificant bit is flipped inside a segment its CVN changes. So, if you have two segments from two completely different unrelated vehicles, and the CalIDs are the same and the CVNs are the same, then you know that every single bit inside the segment is identical. If the CVN matches what's listed for the stock calibration, then that segment is unaltered from stock.

In your nice convenient screenshot, compared to the 'complete history' page at TIS for your VIN where it shows info for old, outdated calibrations like the one currently in your truck, your Engine Diagnostic, Transmission Diagnostic, Fuel System segments are completely stock and untouched. The other segments have been diddled, because their CVNs do not match what it shows for those CalIDs.

What are you trying to accomplish here? You want to put this back to stock yourself, or you just want it back to stock the easiest/cheapest way possible? You now have access to the TIS website, so you can check repository files against that to verify the CVNs and CalIDs are ones listed in history (or the most current) for your VIN. You can write-entire a repository file to your truck as long as everything matches TIS and get a verifiably-non-altered stock tune back. You will have to pay to license the repository file. You may have to pay again to license the new PCM+OS combo after writing; not sure, I'm not a Gen 3 guy and I don't write other peoples' files. Or you can pay the $100 once at the dealership and let them flash it.

Hey Squirrel, relax. Its literally been 14 or more years since Ive even made a change using HPT on my truck. Like I said, Im learning here. Your earlier post wasnt clear that posting the tune is what you wanted. Not even sure how to post a tune in a forum. Im also not a GM or any other certified car mech using todays diagnostic tools. I really appreciate your help, but Jeez. Not everyone is at your level of expertise and understanding. As soon as I get some time to learn how to upload my EXISTING tune, I will.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It gets really old when people skate right past literally the very first thread at the top of this forum where it says 'If you want help post your tune file' and then proceed down a week-long path of back and forth questions and suggestions and guesses and wild goose chases when posting the file would save a lot of that aggravation. A lot of people have just stopped responding at all to threads where there's a question about something in a specific file and then don't bother to post it.

Senior Tuner
    It would be best to have it flashed by the dealer. I've got a few 2003 model tunes for the 6.0L/4L80E, but none have the exact segment ID's as yours.