Thread: SD Tune - New Dyno #s

Tuner

SD Tune - New Dyno #s

Not really tech related but just thought I'd share:

previous was 397/380, today my baseline was 394/380, one WOT adjustment and:

404/392 ;D

graph:

https://webspace.utexas.edu/wl333/lastdyno.jpg
    2002 Quicksilver Corvette Z06

And then...

Re: SD Tune - New Dyno #s

awesome numbers man, i might need some help from you on how to tune the timing. when you get time can you shoot me a pm on tech, ws6firebirdta00 and maybe let me know what to do to get my wot timing to 28-29 deg?

nice for that little ol cam u have ;D
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    awesome numbers man, i might need some help from you on how to tune the timing. when you get time can you shoot me a pm on tech, ws6firebirdta00 and maybe let me know what to do to get my wot timing to 28-29 deg?

nice for that little ol cam u have ;D
    thanks dude! Honestly for every car there's a "Sweet Spot" as far as timing goes. It's not just dump as much as you can till it knocks... for some reason my car has always made good #s with 30 degrees, but a buddy of mine can only run 25 till it start to degrade.

I wish I could remember what my dyno guy was sayin, but there's a way to look at a fresh set of plugs after a WOT run and know which way to go with timing... I'll ask him...

And then...

Advanced Tuner

Will those are some great numbers man congrats. You seemed to pick up quite a bit in the torque area and you ended up with a real flat tq curve which is good....Let me know when you are ready to throw some heads on that badboy, we can do it in my garage...I've got everything needed. I bet I could do a head swap pretty quickly now.

Matt

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
    Will those are some great numbers man congrats. You seemed to pick up quite a bit in the torque area and you ended up with a real flat tq curve which is good....Let me know when you are ready to throw some heads on that badboy, we can do it in my garage...I've got everything needed. I bet I could do a head swap pretty quickly now.

Matt
    lol if were ever gonna do heads, it woulda been a loooooong time ago... I think i'm gonna hang my hat here... maybe a 12 bolt and some 4.10s or something later... ;D

And then...

What was the one change? Or did you mean you swtiched from your MAF tune to SD?

Ya know what they say, if you wanna do it right, do it yourself! Congrats!
    02 Formula M6

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by QUASAR
    What was the one change? Or did you mean you swtiched from your MAF tune to SD?

Ya know what they say, if you wanna do it right, do it yourself! Congrats!
    The one adjustment was a single AFR correction. The reason that matters is the less time you spend on the dyno, the more $$$ you can save (and the more you know what you did was correct!)

And then...

Tuner

Congats txhorns! Those numbers are huge for Cam only....heck that is close to my heads/cam goal..lol I compared them to my I/E dyno and you really had't lost anything down low either.

So hen you hit ythe dyno, do you typically adjust timing upwards, then play with mixture? Or do you try to tweak timing before strapping it to a dyno, then just plap with mixture only?

What AFR did you end up with?
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by BQuicksilver
    Congats txhorns! Those numbers are huge for Cam only....heck that is close to my heads/cam goal..lol I compared them to my I/E dyno and you really had't lost anything down low either.

So hen you hit ythe dyno, do you typically adjust timing upwards, then play with mixture? Or do you try to tweak timing before strapping it to a dyno, then just plap with mixture only?

What AFR did you end up with?
    As far as timing goes I didn't really touch it... I've always been running 30 degrees at WOT and made great #s with that so I figured leave it alone. That was established a long time ago with my predator tune (hate to admit it!) Generally though, for peeps on stock tables I'd try 4 degrees up at a time and then down 2 degrees once the timing becomes counter productive.

For AFR check out the graph. It was 12.8 till bout 4K, then 13.2 till max HP, then richened up at redline. Looks like it responded VERY well to commands! ;D

And then...

Tuner

It does my heart good to see a true Hot Rodder getting it together and doing it right. 8)

Congrats on a real fine looking chart!
    Warp 10 Always

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by softy91
    It does my heart good to see a true Hot Rodder getting it together and doing it right. 8)

Congrats on a real fine looking chart!

And then...