Thread: TCM read switch

TCM read switch

Please look at post 13:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8997
    Basically, since we're having trouble reading the TCM a lot on Duramax trucks, can we get a check box of some sort to ream PCM & TCM or PCM only?

Not a high priority, but would be nice to have

Thanks guys
    2005 Sierra Z71 SLT CCSB (LM7)
    STS GT67, LPE GT 2-3, ASP Pulley, Delphi 42#, A'PEXi AVC-R, PLX SM-AFR, FLT Level 5 4L65E, PI Vig 2600, HP Tuners with 2-Bar SD OS (Plus some smaller mods)

Support our Troops

Tuner
    I would like to second this.

Jon
    2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins with Banks CAI, intake tubes, intake horn, grid heater/EGR/DEF delete, 4" Straight pipe
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Stock - but looking to change that

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah I think this would be helpful in many of the vehicles with both a PCM & TCM both for reading & writing...probably cut down on read errors not to mention the time to do reads/writes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    exactly. I think that I may write a TCM a dozen or so times to get it tweaked the way I like it, and then likely never to touch it again, unless some new cool features come out that we are able to control.

on that note, I am looking to upgrade my tranny to a 6 speed on my duramax, and from what I understand, suncoast who handles this upgrade locks the new TCM, so I won't be able to read it at all at that point, so having a check box to read or not to read would be real helpfull.

Jon
    2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins with Banks CAI, intake tubes, intake horn, grid heater/EGR/DEF delete, 4" Straight pipe
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Stock - but looking to change that