Thread: Hello and general question about text formating

Potential Tuner

Question Hello and general question about text formating

Hi,

first of all. Thank you for providing this great and useful software!
    I would rather composite the telemtry UI in my blackmagic fusion, but there seem to be no available plugins to be do so.
    RaceRender is a real project saver for me!

My needs are very simple. I want to display the altitude, distance and trip time during a hike as plain white "data & text" object.
    This is possible for the altitude and distance using "Text Data" object, but for the time I need to to use "_Timer - Manual" object.
    And I am no able to make them look the same.
    The first two are not antialiased but the _Timer - Manual display seems to get some antialiasing.

How to control such things, e.g. apply the same antialiasing to "Text Data" object or disable it in _Timer - Manual object?

Is this the most comprehensive reference for the scripting available? https://racerender.com/RR3/docs/DispObjEnhanced.html
    I see in many threads, that many aspects can be controlled using variables e.g. in background or foreground script, but I can not see a full ist of such variables in the documentation above.

I wil be grateful for any info. thx.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by artur2000 View Post
    Hi,

first of all. Thank you for providing this great and useful software!
    I would rather composite the telemtry UI in my blackmagic fusion, but there seem to be no available plugins to be do so.
    RaceRender is a real project saver for me!

My needs are very simple. I want to display the altitude, distance and trip time during a hike as plain white "data & text" object.
    This is possible for the altitude and distance using "Text Data" object, but for the time I need to to use "_Timer - Manual" object.
    And I am no able to make them look the same.
    The first two are not antialiased but the _Timer - Manual display seems to get some antialiasing.

How to control such things, e.g. apply the same antialiasing to "Text Data" object or disable it in _Timer - Manual object?

Is this the most comprehensive reference for the scripting available? https://racerender.com/RR3/docs/DispObjEnhanced.html
    I see in many threads, that many aspects can be controlled using variables e.g. in background or foreground script, but I can not see a full ist of such variables in the documentation above.

I wil be grateful for any info. thx.
    For the Text Data Display Object, you can control the Font and Outline directly in the Display Object Properties (if you double click on the object). For the Timer, that's an Enhanced Display Object; so you'll need to click the Open Script Editor button in the properties. Then you'll want to change the Drawing Font to the same one as your Text Data objects.

If you don't want any outlines on the Timer, you'll need to click on the Foreground Script of that same window where you can edit the font. In the Foreground Script, you'll need to change one piece on the second line from:

Code:
    SetTextOutline(OutlineColor);
    to:

Code:
    SetTextOutline(Transparent);
    Hope that helps!

Potential Tuner
    Hi HoboBob,

thank you, this is certainly helpful. But my main problem is, that in the timer the font seems antialiased (smooth edges). In the Data Text object the font is not antialiased - the edges are sort of scraggy.
    So how do I apply the Data Text letters the same smooth edges :-)

Advanced Tuner
    I see what you mean:

AA.png

Top is Text Data, Bottom is default Manual Timer, and middle is an edited Manual Timer. The AA seems to be related to font size (probably related to standard vs TrueType fonts).

Try clicking the Open Script Editor button on the Timer, then changing the SizeX to 920 and SizeY to 120. That should keep the same proportions but update the font size from 54 to 108. You can also try upping it even further (looks like the max is 2400).